X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Or Pedals?

hey people,i am new on this forums
    i am confused in between buying a POD or Pedal Boards setup
    since i was using a Vamp2 which is very simple , im not a tone freak but i need good cab effects for composing

my budget is around 400 $

which pedals i need to go for? for start

or

to go for a POD XT Live
    In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

$400 will get you a POD XT Live and then some, if you shop around.

Not sure what you mean by "...for composing", but it's got all the amp models, as well as a pedal-type EQ (that can't be assigned to a pedal, which is retarded IMO).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

lets put it in this way. A POD is not just pedals. its everything you need from ground-up all the way to recording. Its got AMP, effects (pedals), Cabinets and a USB port to plug into your computer for recording. If you want to go the pedals route, to get the same tones like a POD, its gonna cost you a LOT more than $400. Take your pick! Not to mention the POD had SEVERAL amps and several cabs simulations. While they will definitely not sound exactly like the real thing, they are close.
      Sam

Comment

I agree with the above. Furthermore, keep in mind that if you want ONLY effects and use your amp's own voicing you're better off with a Boss GT-8 and the four cable method. I use my PODxt Live primarely for recording nowadays and since I like my Engl Fireball's distortion best for live use, I wish I'd bought a 'bean' PODxt for at home and a GT-8 for live use.

Comment

I have the Pod XT Live, but only use it while recording as well! I like that I can download new amp models etc.....
          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I'm a POD Pro (pre-XT) fan, and I have a complaint. My shredder collection has been slowly growing over the past 10 years or so, and while they all have their own personality through my Marshall, they all kind of lose that and sound kind of similar through the POD. Anyone else notice that? A bit off-topic perhaps, but if there is something to that it might sway you towards a pedal board.

Comment

I've played 6 different axes through the same settings on a Pod XT, and they all sounded different.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

i really like my XTLive. i use it with the crate powerblock with excellent results.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                X