Just bought a new amp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new amp!!!

After being ampless for many months, I just bought a Randall MTS RM50HB head. I can't wait for it! Now it is off to picking a couple of modules to start playing again. I'm getting the XTC module for sure and will probably get a Blackface for the clean sounds.

cool!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Those two modules are both excellent. You will definitely enjoy that amp.

Comment

One of my amps is a Randall RM100. Its a three channel head and I have most of the Randall modules but 90% of the time I use XTC for distortion and Blackface for cleans. I think you made a good choice with those two modules

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thought about getting the Mr.Scary or even the Brown module for my distortion sounds, but the XTC module should do that extremely well I think.

Comment

A buddy of mine has 5-6 modules for his Randall preamp, and if I was to buy one myself, the XTC would be my choice. He has a Dan Donegan module, a couple of Lynch modules, and whatever Randall's version of a Rectifier is called, but the XTC sounded better than any of them for metal.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Econ, want to do me a favor one day? I was recently there and fell in love with Wonder Kola (kola champagne) and they don't sell it here in the states. If I send you some bucks, would you box some up for me and ship 'em via USPS ?

And oh yeah, GET an SL2 module!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Ivan,

I would gladly due that for you. Send me a PM.

Comment

Econ, I have the Mr. Scary module as well and it sounds great as well but I like XTC better. SL+ is another good one but seems to be more sensitive to what pickup is in my guitar. It didn't sound good with a Tone Zone however the same Tone Zone sounded good through XTC for example. Brown just didn't have enough gain for me.

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Rudy. My guitars have Tone Zone pickups in the bridge position.

Comment

None of you Randall users have seen the new "Lynch Box". 1/2 stack?
                      Man its cool looking!

Comment

I've seen the Lynch Box, it's cool but I dont like the handles on the sides. Enjoy the amp dude, I love my RM100

Comment

Yeah, the regular RM100 has metal side handles while the Lynch Box has slots. I like the side handles and trust me they come in handy! The RM100 is a very heavy head! I almost never use the top handle. I must admit though, I'm a fan of snakeskin and both are available in snakeskin Mine is black tolex.
                          Econ, I have one SL2H with a Tone Zone in the bridge. It sounds good with the XTC and Blackface modules, not so good with SL+. Not sure why.

Rudy
                          Last edited by roodyrocker; 07-13-2007, 01:58 PM.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

The Ultra XL is a good choice for crazy high gain, and the brown when properly modded *cough* will do stuff the XTC can't do.

Very fun amps, and the ability to select the channels you want is awesome. Oh, and the Blackface is a GREAT clean fender sound, you'll love it.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete. I listened to the clips you have in your site for the modded Brown module and they sounded incredible. But I think I'll start with the XTC module and probably later will get the Brown module. If I get it, I will go to you for some modding.

Comment

Working...
                              X