vht??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vht??

Anybody tried/owned the new Deliverance 120?? I heard they are killer but I also wanted a Diezel VH4. I'am a Marshall nut but I really want some opions before I went and played thru it.

I've played the D120 and thought it was nice, but not really the sort of voicing I prefer. You really have to be a fan of a KT88 power section to get along with it. As for the Diezel, probably one of the all time great high gain amps ever. If you have the $$$, go for the VH4.

Comment

I'd LOVE to try both.

I seem to like the KT88s in John's VHT2150.

I was never a fan of EL34s due to the abundance of honking mids and lack of low end at high volume levels. This seemed to be true with various amps I had in the past including Marshalls, Ampeg Lee Jacksons. Oh, and Pete's stance on the JSX with 6L6 opposed to EL34.

The tung sol 12ax7s counter balance the EL34s in my Uber..they're very dark sounding. Prolly too dark for KT88 or even 6L6..I'm thinkin'.

I'm used to lots of gain..so I would assume I'd prolly prefer the Deizel...But ya never know 'till ya actually try 'em!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like the VHT CLX, CL's and UL's better than the Deliverence, which is a simple approach single channel head...its pretty cool though if you can live with one channel.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          I like the VHT CLX, CL's and UL's better than the Deliverence, which is a simple approach single channel head...its pretty cool though if you can live with one channel.
          hmmmm.. Shawn, is it an EVIL channel?.. (pinky to mouth)..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a deliverance 60, and LOVE it - I really dig single channel heads and the deliverance is one of the most responsive I've played. you really can go from clean to full-out death metal gain with the guitar's volume knob and picking dynamics.

the deizel is a much more hi-fi sounding amp.

If you dig the deliverance but can't deal with a single-channel, no loop amp, consider holding out for the 'sig-x', VHT's new amp which is supposedly very similar to the deliverance, but 3-channel and with the usual VHT bells and whistles

Comment

Working...
            X