New halfstack! (Peavey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
    what, Bill, tired of mentioning the BBE?
    You got it. I think 5150s should have them built-in or sumthin'..

Yes, the elusive 5150 "fizz"..be careful with that presence knob at high levels..it's touchy!

The best way to dial in the 5150, or ANY amp is with a drummer..at the minimum IMO. Because whatever you dial on your own will indeed change when you add any loud noises with it...especially kick drums, cymbals and etc..

I have the luxury of a built-in drummer at my house..so, tweaking amps has a whole new meaning to me lately!

I leave my settings alone when I practice at low levels..I turn the presence up for that, that's about it.

John uses active EMGs and I use various passive Dimarzios..both sound very good. That's when your hands, touch and personality really comes into play..

My toaster was modded as a variac...I can get thru 1.5 "eruptions" before the pop tarts are done.

That's the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sound...that's where that name came from ya know..

Bill Z
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
    X