Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Vetta II used price

hello...

There is a used Vetta II Combo at the local Guitar Center for $849.00.

That price seems pretty reasonable and the guy at the counter said it had been there awhile when I asked him about it...he said they for sure would be able to do a deal on it.

3 questions:

1. I have never played one, but I know everyone raves...I am by no means a gear snob...Is the chances good I will like it?

2. Is it crazy to buy this particular piece used? (I know that when folks have issues with these, they really have issues)

3. If they are asking $849 and they are willing to deal, what $$$ amount should I shoot for tomorrow?

Thanks guys!

vettas kick ass...if you play it and everything seems ok it should be fine. They are rock solid as I have had two ....1 combo and 1 head....offer 700 cash and for a vetta II that is a cool deal....you will love it. Just make sure you spend some time with it and get to know all the features and you will be happy with it

Comment

Also ask them if it is "B" stock, sometimes GC will sell "B" or "C" stock as used and not know if the guitar has had repairs done to it! I had one and had to reload the software... what a pain-in-the-A** it was! But.... I do agree that if it plays great and all of the pre-programed settings are what you after than that amp will be a killer deal if they will let you have it for $700.00 cash!
      Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Keep in mind that in order to fully utilize the Vetta you need the longboard.
        Bottom line.. the Vetta ROCKS.

Comment

AWESOME amp. I love mine. more tones and effects than you can imagine, and balls to spare. go for it!

and yeah you'll need a long floorboard like John says, to get the most out of it in a live situation.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

$849 for a Vetta II is a great price and if they're willing to deal, it only gets better!

On a side note, I got a Vetta combo about two months ago. It's got the 2.0 software but I know there is a 2.5 update now. I always read that to update it "all you have to do is hook it up to your PC". But no one says HOW to hook it up to your PC (including the big-ass manual). Do I use midi cables or what? And if it's a midi connection going from the Vetta what kind of connection is actually going into the PC? Thanks in advance because I would really like to get the 2.5 software since I've read it has the Soldano X88R model and Whammy pedal. Also, I want to start swapping programs with other users, what are some of the good sites for Vetta users?

Sorry ripley for asking so many questions in your thread but I figure there's no point in starting another Vetta thread and you might want this info also if you get it
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I only own the Vetta now. I sold all my other amps including the SLO. I really dig it. It isn't an answer to every amp you ever had or wanted but it does sound really really good.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                $849 for a Vetta II is a great price and if they're willing to deal, it only gets better!

On a side note, I got a Vetta combo about two months ago. It's got the 2.0 software but I know there is a 2.5 update now. I always read that to update it "all you have to do is hook it up to your PC". But no one says HOW to hook it up to your PC (including the big-ass manual). Do I use midi cables or what? And if it's a midi connection going from the Vetta what kind of connection is actually going into the PC? Thanks in advance because I would really like to get the 2.5 software since I've read it has the Soldano X88R model and Whammy pedal. Also, I want to start swapping programs with other users, what are some of the good sites for Vetta users?

Sorry ripley for asking so many questions in your thread but I figure there's no point in starting another Vetta thread and you might want this info also if you get it
                You need something that goes from the Vetta to your computer via USB. M-Audio makes a cable for that. PM....I used to own a Vetta but don't anymore and I have the cable you need. Maybe we could work something out.

Comment

I'd say its a good deal, but like others said try it out and make sure it functions properly and that GC arent being shady about anything.

There is soo much tweaking you can do with this amp it can get very time consuming. I'd say theres abit of a initial learning curve when creating your custom patches. There are just soo many features you can throw into the mix.

2 things I have issues with are I still cant get my computer to recognize it's connect thru the midi sport Uno . So I cant try others patchs
                  Secondly my wah pedal doesnt seem to function (on the long board) or effect the wah when I rock the pedal. Is it not set up?

I thought I heard somewhere there was an issue with the wah effects. Is this common?

Comment

FWIW go to the line 6 website and see what midi/usb works best. There has been issues with some and if you get the wrong one you will be out an amp when you dump the memory to upgrade ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

If it's anything like the other Line6 stuff (like my XTLive) you just need a USB cable, you don't need any MIDI/USB stuff. You can download the USB drivers for the amp from the Line6 site, and the updater software and other app tools as well. Just get the USB cable (it should come with but isn't proprietary anyway), download the USB driver from Line6, connect the amp and PC and you're done.
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Midi Sport Uno is what is recommended on Line 6 board...

I bought it and it worked fine once I installed the latest drivers...Installed V2.5 (btw, I bought the amp and love it!...Didn't steal it, but walked out $800.00 tax included)

It was $39.99 at GC, bought it for $29.99

Hope this helps!

Dan

Comment

It's not like the PODs, the Vetta doesn't have a USB input so you have to use MIDI.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                            It's not like the PODs, the Vetta doesn't have a USB input so you have to use MIDI.
                            That's a joke
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I've noticed the Vettas are highly regarded on the forums while the POD's get shunned a bit. Opinions? Isn't there a lot in common between the two?

Comment

Working...
                              X