Fact: Mesa Boogie is the best:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact: Mesa Boogie is the best:

- at writing about amps: Bubbly this, shimmering crystalline that, but I'm always a little disappointed when I actually play one

"...glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance."

How can any amp live up to that description haha!

Twisteramps' Peavey JSX quote challenges that! "My JSX sounds like the voice of God reverberating off the bronzed bodies of a thousand supermodels" or something like that.

Comment

I agree with the thread title. Boogiewhore for life, right here. 8)
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'll let you know if I'm in agreement when my 6 month old broke Triaxis returns from Mesa. They only have one tech at Boogie that works on the Triaxis. Hopefully, he didn't go on Holiday when I sent it back to the factory
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

It would be VERY hard for someone to argue against the quality and overall engineering of Mesa amps.
          I've had many and liked them, including my RK.

But amp tone and how it relates to someone is a personal thing. You like blue, the next guy likes red and so on and so forth.

Mesa is top notch but there are others out there with feathers in their caps that shall be entitled to some respect of their own.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I suppose there's an amp out there for everyone. I've tried more than a few. As of now and for the foreseeable future I'm sitting pat on my MB Stereo 2:Fifty.Though I'd possibly be willing to move out my MB to make rack space for a VHT 2:50 or 2:90.
            In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

VHT 2/90/2 stereo rack amp built by Nordic Virgins...forged in the
              belly of Crom.... and biased by the devils of Mordoor! Ok... its tight,
              and i like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                VHT 2/90/2 stereo rack amp built by Nordic Virgins...forged in the
                belly of Crom.... and biased by the devils of Mordoor! Ok... its tight,
                and i like it!
                That amp is my all time favorite power amp!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I vote 2/90/2 also.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Same here, got a stiletto II on order and sitting in my room right now i am looking at, a RK-I, Tremoverb head and the fifth dual recto ever made. Also have a rackmount recto on the floor, but that is on fleebay.

I also have a second roadking 1 coming in, but that is a reseller since i got a great deal on it i just bought it to make money.

Oh yeah, in between all those mesa's is a bogner XTC, but if the stiletto is as great as the ACE i played in the store, I think the XTC will be up for sale on fleebay next.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                    I agree with the thread title. Boogiewhore for life, right here. 8)

Comment

I recently picked up an F-50, and I am hooked. Sometime around the first of next year I am budgeting for a Lone Star for my country needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        VHT 2/90/2 stereo rack amp built by Nordic Virgins...forged in the belly of Crom.... and biased by the devils of Mordoor! Ok... its tight, and i like it!
                        Dude... I agree with you, VHT is badass-tically fucken tight. But, in defence of mesa...

into

into

with

in the loop

is 100% sploogetastic

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Yes... Boogie is OK, But The Bogner "UBERSCHALL" ! need I say more.
                          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                            Yes... Boogie is OK, But The Bogner "UBERSCHALL" ! need I say more.
                            I'm willing to go against any uberchall.... my Mark III Coliseum 300 destroys it with ease
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You like it that much? Boogie called me and is trying to get their amps in my store, I like them, but I have'nt heard one yet that just made me give up on Bogner or Hughes & Kettner. I also have a Hughes & Kettner Triamp MK II and I love it. Hmmm maybe I'll have to go somewhere that carries a large variety of them and try them all out! I checked them out at the NAMM show, they were good, but great.....?
                              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Working...
                              X