Fact: Mesa Boogie is the best:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    By the way, I also have a Randall RM100 and I like that amp as well. But to me the Uber slays them all!

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    Hey Rudy, if I ever get some breathing room and some modules in stock, I may send you a few to try out.

Pete

Comment

By the way, we're playing out tomorrow night and the Uber will be my amp for the night of course

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        Hey Rudy, if I ever get some breathing room and some modules in stock, I may send you a few to try out.

Pete
        Hi Pete;

Sure, I'd love to try some of your modules out. I own most of the Randall modules, stock of course save for Brown which had a cap mod, and my absolute favorite is XTC. Blackface is my clean module of choice. In the third slot I rotate between Mr. Scary, SL+, and occassionally 1086 but the first two channels get 90% of the play time. I've seen your modules on here and on the MTS board as well as heard the clips. These look and sound great!

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks Rudy, very cool feedback. I like to hear stories of my favorite amp actually in gigs. I hear you about the "comments"..I never got so many coments on my tone since I got the Uber..everyone that hears it always says good things about it. I was playing my Marshall rig (dialed up a very good tone) while jamming with my son last night. My wife who normally don't say anything pro or con asked..."were you playing your marshall?".I said "yeah, why, does it sound good?"..she responded "Yeah it does sound good, but your Uber sounds so much better"...See, you gotta listen to the wife when they actually "offer" their input..they're like kids sometimes..brutally fuggin' honest..especially her!

She's heard my tone more than anyone on the planet..everyday for the last 20+ years..so.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I would like to hear you play your Bogner live Horns, i dont think it will ever happen but as long as that wont happen, i will stick to my mesa and believe i have the best amp in the world

Also I agree with everything that Siggy and E said

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
              I would like to hear you play your Bogner live Horns, i dont think it will ever happen but as long as that wont happen, i will stick to my mesa and believe i have the best amp in the world

Also I agree with everything that Siggy and E said
              Yeah, It's very cool..Crunchy as hell..with so much oraganic girth.

I got a demo posted with it in the MP3 section..burried around page 6 or so..it gives a good "idea" what its about..you can even hear me jackin' around during a level check doin' a hack job of Eruption..which I call "Corruption" because I corrupted it so badly..but it is me with the Uber with the gain on 10..so !

Bill Z Bubz

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've listened to ALL the samples on the Bogner site and am intrigued (Blues Saraceno freekin rocks BTW). I'm kind of a Marshall guy, and I'm used to an amp where there's hardly a bad setting. Are the Bogners forgiving this way? Or, are the controls wildly sensitive and a cunt hair here or there and you are off in the weeds?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  I've listened to ALL the samples on the Bogner site and am intrigued (Blues Saraceno freekin rocks BTW). I'm kind of a Marshall guy, and I'm used to an amp where there's hardly a bad setting. Are the Bogners forgiving this way? Or, are the controls wildly sensitive and a cunt hair here or there and you are off in the weeds?
                  Dude the truth is You can't get a Uberschall to sound bad if your tried..it is so easy to dial up.

Easier than any amp I've ever owned and I owned many. Like Rudy said, the recto is touchy and really hard to nail in the G spots of the EQ section..I spent more than a year trying..So I just gave up all together..it's mostly due to the gain structure..we just don't get along. Good Marshalls are very tight , smooth, defined and and have a "quick" attack..that is how I define a Bogner..but definitely not a Recto.

Rudy also brought up a very valid point which I said long ago. The Uber is a VERY "Brutal" sounding amp..but it can be tamed to sound like a beefed up version of a JMP or Plexi..such as classic VH or even "Flick Of the Switch" AC/DC..hard to get that kind of tone with a Recto...not saying it can't be done..but I never gotten it, and I spent endless hours trying to do so.

I Liked my ol' Mesa Boogie Mark III..It really nailed Gary Moore's "Corridoors of Power" tone BIG TIME..I didn't even try, it just sounded like that ..so I learned and always palyed the intro solo to "The End of the World".. its pretty spot on IMO!

Certain amps always bring a certain tone to mind..when anyone says SLO100, I instantly think.."Blackout" by the Scorpions..

My Soldano 60..."Unchained" to a T!

..and Blues Saraceno does kicks ass..I have Never look back, Plaid, and Hairpick..he used an amp called a "Fatboy" on Hairpick..it sounded kinda Soldano-ish to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                    I like my Randall MTS... since owning it colors are brighter, sounds are louder, women want to be with me and guys want to be me.
                    ******** I think this is true! After hearing him...i want to "Be Him" !

Comment

When are you RANDALL owners going to try out the "Lynch Box"?
                      I want a review! It certainly looks "Bad Ass!

Comment

I tried the Lynch Box at NAMM last year. I won't be buying one only because its the same amp as a Randall RM100 which I already have.
                        Back to the Uber, as Bill said, you can't dial in a bad tone if you tried. There are just better and better sounds in there And the clips on Bogner's website are the best I've heard online as far as amps go. Just played the Uber out last night and once again it did not disappoint The only time I ever had less than great tone with that beast is one night when I didn't realize the club's AC was on the same circuit as the outlet I plugged my Uber into and all night I was thinking my gain just went away. It was simply the voltage drop when than AC would kick on Last night though, I plugged into a different outlet, plugged the Jacksons in and let her rip

Rudy
                        www.wickedrocks.com
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Mark IV has my vote!!
                          CURRENT GEAR SET UP
                          2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
                          1989 JACKSON KING V
                          1984 JACKSON RR
                          AXE FX II
                          MESA BOOGIE 2:90
                          DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
                          FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
                          (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
                          (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Engl Powerball...the way the recto was supposed to sound. I <3 mine.

Comment

Just got my Triaxis back from Mesa Boogie. It was not quite 7 months old and was acting a little funny on the programming buttons. I had bought it used (6 months old). I think whatever was wrong happened during shipping? I don't know. The tech at Mesa called me before they shipped it back. They said nothing was wrong with it except for a broken output pot which they replaced. Hmm, that was OK when I shipped it! The tech and their "plug and play guy" checked it out and everything is fine. Great customer service I might add and the transferable warranty is a real plus! Well, it works great and I'm using it with a Mesa 2:100, a BBE 482i and a Rocktron Xpression into 2 Marshall 1960A cabs with 75 watt speakers (my faves). It's now my Holy Grail of Boogie amps. A true collection of Boogie amps! One interesting note, is that each Triaxis at Mesa is built by one guy! I hope they train someone else for the future Repairs are made by this one guy also.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X