Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP-1/effects loop question

Howdy all,
    For some reason I always end up using my ada mp-1 and was wondering the easiest way to utilize my pod-xtl but only for the effects. Is there a easy way to use the xtl in the mp-1's effect loop?

anyone??...

Is anyone familiar with using the xtl just for effects?

Comment

you can. but depending on the amp you might have some tone suckage.

find out if your amp's fx loop is line level or amp level. and set the XTL's input switch accordingly.

on the xtl set the output mode to pwr stack. turn off the amp model button, adjust your direct out or "bypass volume" in the edit field and your master volume (little black knob near the inputs and outputs) to taste. also set your FX's to pre or post depending on how it sounds to you.

running it in the loop like this works best for time based effects. if you want better wah, and boost/distortion use... just run the xtl in front of the amp and turn off the amp sim and set the input switch to "amp level".
      make sure you set your effects to "pre" instead of "post". this would simulate having a pedal board in front of the amp. i would recommend setting the master vol all the way up and adjusting your "bypass vol" to taste. this will make your stomp boxes sound best and your time bassed effects still work like any other pedal in front of the amp.

play around with it and don't be afraid to try any combination of settings. its all about what sounds best to you no matter what the little screen says.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

In the PODXT, I think you can choose "No amp" and/or "No cabinet". This means you can use it just for effects. XTL is supposedly the same as PODXT in models and usage right? You should be able to use it as desired. What is the problem? if your ADA MP1 has a FX-loop, just insert the XTL in the FX-loop of your ADA MP-1.
        Sam

Comment

Check out Adadepot.com for all your questions. Trust me, they'll have all the answers you need...

Comment

Cool!

Thanks for the replies! It was more of setting the xtl correctly (bypass amp, cabinet selection etc) that was mentioned above. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X