Zoooooommmmmm!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoooooommmmmm!!!!

The honeymoon is over and I still really dig this unit. Zoom G9.2TT. Like the others it has strengths and weaknesses. I love it's strengths and can certainly live w/its weaknesses.

Some may say I'm on crack but I assure you I'm stone cold sober. I like it much better than the GT-8 and the POD XT Live. It's not an uber tone sucker. It sounds fantastic live and just as good at small room levels. It doesn't suffer going direct or into various cabs w/various speakers. Two, YES TWO preamp tubes makes a world of difference over the all SS modelers. At least to my ears. But it also has a SS gain section that can be used on its own or mixed w/the tube gain. The vertical/horizontal combo expression pedal RAWKS!

It does have a weakness. The NR sorta blows chunks IMO. But I have other ways to run NR. And if all else fails... Rocktron Hush is the final word. I am told it is not the best piece to record with. I have not tried that yet.

Bottom line for me is I found it so much more "real world" usable than the Prophesy II. Don't get me wrong. I love what the Proph is capable of ...... IF you want to spend countless hours turning knobs instead of playing - a great geek toy and awesome for recording but it lacked a lot live. Plus it was a huge tone sponge. Soooooooo, I divorced the Proph and married the G9.2TT. The Proph is someone else's bitch now and hopefully they'll live HEA. Until some other super tight taco hottie shows up, I'll be porking the Zoom unit. If the porkfest doesn't end soon I'm going to run outta jeans to cream.
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

So i gather ...you like it ?

Comment

With previous Zoom products, I've seen that at first, I'm all "ga ga". but the honeymoon soon ends and I start hating all that's SS. The GT-8 is so different!! And IMO the "Spongy tube-feel" is supposedly coming from the power section in an all-tube amp. The Zoom has those tubes working only in the pre-amp.

But Guitarworld has a rave review on it and have said that if someone were to look a few decades from now for a device that bridges the gap between tube and SS technology, it would be the Zoom G9.2TT. ...or something to that effect. It has received their prestigious "Gold award". ...and so did the Valveking. :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

But I like the VK..... aside from the fact that it falls apart if you look at it the wrong way. Sounds pretty good when it's working.
        In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
          But I like the VK..... aside from the fact that it falls apart if you look at it the wrong way. Sounds pretty good when it's working.
          Bah my Valveking is completely solid

Comment

I have a Zoom G2 that I use with headphones. Sounds pretty good actually. I've always heard bad things about Zoom products in the past, I think they've come a long way.

Comment

Working...
            X