Blue Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I'll have to pick up a BBE eventually and see. Always wanted to try one out. I do have a pair of Groove Tubes KT66HP (the discontinued Russian tubes instead of the newer Chinese ones they stick with now) in it instead of the 6L6GC. Sounds damn good to me, but I don't really play all that loud in my basement (I'm in a townhouse and don't want to piss off my neighbors too much).
    I'm sure the amp will open up more and be better if I were to crank it, but the BBE would even liven it up some more for lower volume playing, no?
    Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Most definitely Joe!!
    Should I just go with the Sonic Stomp pedal or a rackmount unit?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, as soon as I get some cash, I'm taking mine to Jerry to have modded.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I may have mine done eventually.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          That doesn't make any sense. A BV120 should have 4 6L6 power tubes, and 4 12AX7 preamp tubes. They are not interchangeable.
          Im sorry your right its 4 and 4 what i meant to say was:
          EL34 | 6l6 | 6l6 | EL34. not to sure why it was setup like this but i followed the groove tube set up to match with the new mesa boogie tubes i placed in there

Comment

The BV120 won't run EL34s stock. It was only the 60 watt BV combo that had the autobias feature and was able to run both. You'd have to have it modded to run EL34s. If yours is running two of each, then it has either already been modded, or something is not kosher.

Comment

I may have mine done eventually.
              Jerry told me $250 for the mod. Hopefully I'm not out of line by posting that. I think it is well worth it. I'll be taking mine to have done very soon.

Comment

hmm ill take a pic then. but why would i want el's and 6l6's in it? would it just be better to have it run all 6l6?

Comment

Originally posted by ossmetallica View Post
                  hmm ill take a pic then. but why would i want el's and 6l6's in it? would it just be better to have it run all 6l6?

I would think so, yes.

Comment

what diffrence would i hear running all 6l6's would it help with scoop out the sound?

Comment

what diffrence would i hear running all 6l6's would it help with scoop out the sound?
                      Would definitly knock some midrange off. You'd probably have a bit more headroom and bass response as well when you cranked it.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Should I just go with the Sonic Stomp pedal or a rackmount unit?
                        Well, I heard good things about the stomps here on the board...but I never tried one.

I'm dedicted to the long discontinued BBE 422. I bought a 462 , 482and played newer ones and I never liked the way they changed them..way too much "Sizzle"
                        for me..the 422 doesn't have that.

I did try a brand new 482 in a BV120 at Guitar Center. A customer was on the fence about it..he had it dialed pretty good. I played with it and tweaked it a tad more. He was still undecided. I suggested trying a BBE with it. We put it in the loop and made a pretty good difference..he bought the amp and the BBE.

The BBE don't work well with all amps..so it was a coin flip really. The Crate and BBE was a good match.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was flipping throught the new guitarworld and i ran into a BBE with Dave Mustaine.
                          For my blue voodoo 120, which BBE pedal do you all recomend?

I have to definatly run and get all 6L6's then

Comment

I was flipping throught the new guitarworld and i ran into a BBE with Dave Mustaine.
                            For my blue voodoo 120, which BBE pedal do you all recomend?

I have to definatly run and get all 6L6's then
                            We were referring to the Sonic Stomp.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It seams the best deals on the market right now are the Crate BV120. the Carvin MTS(I have one) and the Carvin X100B(I have one of these also). The prices are slowly creeping up on the X100B as of late and that is without the hard to find Footswitch which was optional for them. I am going to try the Sonic Stomp or the like in my amps and see if it does anything. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X