carvin mts problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carvin mts problem

hey everyone got a question about a friends CARVIN MTS3200. He has been telling lately that hes been wanting to use some fx in his tone. i took a look at his amp and he has an fxloop..i'm thinking great just run your fx thru the loop right? and he has a footswitch that controls his clean/dirty and his reverb/fxloop...i'm thinking great now wtf is problem? well it turn out his fx channel on his footswitch doesnt control his fx loop..i tried his same footswitch thru my 5150 and it works like a charm..i can turn the fxloop on/off like it should with his footswitch but it wont do the same for his carvin mts3200. Now ive been doing some reading around and i read that the carvin has a normalized effects loop. I've never really heard about a normalized effects loop so i wanted to run it by you guys and see if you all can chime in on this one. He wants to be able to leave all his fx on (eq, chorus, delay etc) and be able to just turn em on/off with the fxloop footswitch (just like how i dot it with my 5150)

-thanks again fellas

The loop is series.

The FS22 footswitch turns on/off the reverb on the MTS. The loop itself always stays on. It's just that the footswitch can be used with other products, so the button is labeled reverb/effects ... but in the case of the MTS, it's only used for reverb.

So, there's nothing wrong with the amp. It's designed that way. If your friends wants to run effects through the loop, he'll have to run cords to the back and turn them on and off with his foot. Sorry.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
    X