No announcement yet.

Any Sans Amp PSA-1 Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, having owned several newer ones, the 422 is the only one I'd own... And you get them for 50 bucks on ebay...

Some preamps sound like ass with this unit. The PSA-1 was one of those...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      Well, having owned several newer ones, the 422 is the only one I'd own... And you get them for 50 bucks on ebay...

Some preamps sound like ass with this unit. The PSA-1 was one of those...
      I would go with what he knows he had both units. Yes, I got mine off Ebay in mint cond shipped for 50 bucks..much cheaper than the new ones I bought/tried and much better too.

BBEs either work great or they suck ass with various preamps/heads..I discovered they work well in 5150s, JMP-1/9200, Marshall 800s, Crate BV120, all the old Randalls I've had..and other shit I forgot.

They suck much ass in Mrk III, Rectos, Uber, Ampeg, Soldano and other shit I forgot.

You just got to try 'em, they reveal themselves instantly..and talk to some on the board that know what they're talking about..I guess.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do someone of you uses the PSA-1 direct to the mixer, for recording?
        I thinking about getting one.
        I already have a Sansamp GT-2 pedal, which I love, although I suspect it eats a lot of tone in the super high frequencies ? ?
        www.myspace.com/machinediva

Comment

I never liked it direct in, just seemed like sorta fizzy. Which I've found is somewhat typical of preamps going direct in to a mixer.

Comment

I've only done a little home recording with mine but found that it sounds best mixing the direct line with a cab & a mic. The direct line is very much "up front" when recording. Adding the mic'd cab really fattens things up. The heavier patches do sound a little fizzy like Cleveland Metal mentioned but with some tweaking can be tightened up. I've done some recording with a Line 6 Flextone III and like the Sansamp way better.

Comment

Working...
            X