Help me choose a wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a wireless

So I'm looking for recomendations for a guitar wireless system. I don't want to break the bank however I don't want to go the cheapest route either. It won't get a ton of use but I'd like to be content and not want a different one in the future. Any suggestions?

I have a Samson, and the other guitar player in my band has an Audix. We both have the same problem. That mini XLR connection always makes noise. You would after all this time they could make a connection that works better. God for bid you decide you want to buy an spare cable.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

I've got a Sennheiser Digital 1000, which I love (no tone suckage), but they don't make it anymore. If I were to buy a new wireless today, and they seem to be getting rave reviews, I'd try the the new X2 wireless (http://www.x2digitalwireless.com).
      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I just checked the X2 website - looks like they have a new rackmount unit version. Cool!
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Yeah the two I'm liking is the X2 & the AKG WMS400. The thing I like about the X2 is it adresses some of Scotty's complaints, you can buy another cable, power adapter, body pack, whatever. What i don't like is it seems like the cable it comes with is cheap and it dosn't come with a power adapter. I also think its kinda ugly. What our our thoughts on the AKG? Anymore input on the X2 would be great as well.

Comment

I have the X2 - it's very cool.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Will bluetooth technology work for guitars? That would be the shit!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I have the AKG WMS40 GB 40 Guitar Bug UHF Guitar wireless now and am very happy with it. I like not having the transmitter pack...just plug in the bug and rock! The reception is great, only thing to watch for is if you move around alot, you'll wanna use the small circular velcro it comes with (or make your own) to keep the bug from bouncing as that does cause static I have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  I have the X2 - it's very cool.
                  ooooooo..you do have one......tell me more

Comment

I use a Sennheiser EW 172 G2. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                      +1. I love mine.

Comment

Carvin.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                          +2
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pigsnatcher View Post
                            ooooooo..you do have one......tell me more
                            What do you want to know? The receiver can sit on your pedal board and be powered by a standard pedal power supply. Five channels. Sounds better than any other unit I've tried.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've the D1000 unit. I've had some issues with it which is why the person I got it from sold it. It would work for months w/no problems and then all of a sudden, it would act up...then back to normal. I've been thinking of something new. I like that X2 but I'm thinking it's a expensive unit.

joe...
                              www.godwentpunk.com
                              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                              X