looking for a new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new amp

some of you may still remember me and first off how's everyone been doing? anyhoo i'm back into music like i was back in the day and i'm searching for a new tube amp - i've been looking at a splawn quickrod and i want to try out the new evh 5150 III - i'm getting away from the metal sound and looking for a great old school crunch - i need at least two channels clean and dirty with an effects loop - i want to be able to plug in and have it all there without having to use a pedal in front to give me that push - any suggestions? neddi
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Soldano SLO and look no further.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Big Neddi!!!!!!!!!

What up?

Have you tried the EVHIII? It looks good to me. Not sure how far away from metal you want to go but the Bogner Ecstasy 101B would be good...works for me
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I sold my Soldano 100 and bought a Fuchs Frost 100 instead. SLO, great for leads. I wanted to get back to that raw Marshall sound for rhythm. Two channels, one is very high gain like the JCM800 but with more gain (this one was designed with Van Halen's old tech who did his Marshall) and the other channel comes off a Trainwreck design (it cleans up beautifully when you roll back the guitar volume).

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Soldano SLO and look no further.
          You cant be lieing like that here

Mesa or Cornfor and look no futher.

Comment

I second the Soldano SLO100 suggestion.

Comment

I've heard a lot of good things about carol ann amps. Here's their website.

Here's a dealer that carries them and a few others like divided by 13.

Comment

do any of you know anything about the splawn? i like the sound clips on the website but i'm leary about shelling out dough for an amp without playing through it first - neddi
                Last edited by Foolius Maximus; 07-28-2007, 04:59 PM.
                www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Originally posted by Foolius Maximus View Post
                  do any of you know anything about the splawn? i like the sound clips on the website but i'm leary about shelling out dough for an amp without playing through it first - neddi
                  Neddi?...what the fuck is up??!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Um Neddi ..all I can say to you question is ...Uberschall, Uberschall , Uberschall!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

neddi!!! yes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foolius Maximus View Post
                        Neddi I have an older Splawn QuickRod that has the shared EQ and looks like a plexi. It is a kick ass hot-rodded marshall tone and covers antthing from you classic rock to metal. Its a great buy for the mney if you ask me. The new ones have independnnt controls, better clean ch and a gear switch.

here's mine
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                          Neddi I have an older Splawn QuickRod that has the shared EQ and looks like a plexi. It is a kick ass hot-rodded marshall tone and covers antthing from you classic rock to metal. Its a great buy for the mney if you ask me. The new ones have independnnt controls, better clean ch and a gear switch.

here's mine

That's pretty Shawn..Me likey!

Wish I could play it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                            You cant be lieing like that here

Mesa or Cornfor and look no futher.
                            Cornford? Guthrie fan?

Aren't they stupendously hard to find and very expensive?
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I had Scott Splawn modify my Marshall 1987x and the tone was brilliant. I sold it last week to fund a new Splawn amp - I want a loop and a clean channel.

I'm going to drive out to Splawn next Friday to try out amps. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a Quickrod based on the specs.

I have a Carvin Legacy due to arrive tomorrow - I'm pretty stoked about that one too.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X