No announcement yet.

looking for a new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bill! boxie! shawn! ahh the guys are still here! remember how i use to give out the kooky nicknames? well i'm still using that old 2x12 jcm900 that i bought from one of the members on this board - dont remember who though - it's just not doing it for me anymore and i really want a "plug and play" amp - bill i tried the uber and it is a great amp just not the tone i'm looking for - right now my mind is focused on the evh 5150III and the splawn quickrod - i saw a demo of the 5150 and it sounded good - i'm waiting for a call from guitar center - as soon as they get it in i'm gonna try it out - if i plug in and am blown away that's my new amp - if not i'll most likely get the quickrod - i got rid of all my high end stuff a while back and now i just want a really good simple amp - i plan on being a part of the good old jcf again so i'll be posting my kooky sense of humor and wit that i know you all miss sooooooooooooo much LOL! by the way i build custom ata style cases now - the motorcycle thing didn't work out for me - go to my myspace page and check out the pics - if anyone is looking for a true custom case let me know - one more thing is that i'm playing with my old band doc hammer again - this was "the band" i played in back in the day and we're tearing it up pretty good again - check out the myspace for that too - talk soon - neddi

myspace.com/bigneddi
    myspace.com/dochammerhouse
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Um Neddi ..all I can say to you question is ...Uberschall, Uberschall , Uberschall!!!
      Big suprise here.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        Cornford? Guthrie fan?

Aren't they stupendously hard to find and very expensive?
        Yes i like Guthrie but i like greag howe even more and Cornford is a new choice for greg howe and we can hear it on his new album. I just like that amp a lot, it is very sensitive and very original sounding, it is kinda like marshall with balls + something else

Yes they are pretty rare but i have seen them on ebay with a price that is reasonable One of JCF members also has some cornford amp , i don't remember who, he also said the cleans are very good , not Fender good, but Mesa good, and mesa delivers some pretty awsome clean sounds

Comment

Originally posted by Foolius Maximus View Post
          bill! boxie! shawn! ahh the guys are still here! remember how i use to give out the kooky nicknames? well i'm still using that old 2x12 jcm900 that i bought from one of the members on this board - dont remember who though - it's just not doing it for me anymore and i really want a "plug and play" amp - bill i tried the uber and it is a great amp just not the tone i'm looking for - right now my mind is focused on the evh 5150III and the splawn quickrod - i saw a demo of the 5150 and it sounded good - i'm waiting for a call from guitar center - as soon as they get it in i'm gonna try it out - if i plug in and am blown away that's my new amp - if not i'll most likely get the quickrod - i got rid of all my high end stuff a while back and now i just want a really good simple amp - i plan on being a part of the good old jcf again so i'll be posting my kooky sense of humor and wit that i know you all miss sooooooooooooo much LOL! by the way i build custom ata style cases now - the motorcycle thing didn't work out for me - go to my myspace page and check out the pics - if anyone is looking for a true custom case let me know - one more thing is that i'm playing with my old band doc hammer again - this was "the band" i played in back in the day and we're tearing it up pretty good again - check out the myspace for that too - talk soon - neddi

myspace.com/bigneddi
          myspace.com/dochammerhouse

Let us know when you will get your hands on 5150III, i have seen couple of demos of that amp and thy all sounded fn great.

Comment

Hey Neddi - good to hear from you. I've often wondered what the heck happened to you...

Chris

Comment

got the call from guitar center gonna check out the 5150III this weekend - neddi
              www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Working...
              X