need an amp review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an amp review

does anyone have any info on the line 6 vetta line specifically the vetta 2 combo. most of my playing is at bedroom levels and was wondering how good and flexable this amp is.

thanks
    jon

Dude, I'd guess that at least 15 members here have a Vetta and use it gigging. Use the search feature.

With that said, the Vetta is extremely flexible. It sounds the same at bedroom volumes as it does at gig volumes. I tried it out for two weeks at home. It took about that long to get an okay sound out of it. There were just way too many options for me. I returned it and got a Vox AD50VT. 1/5 of the price and sounds just as good.
    Scott

Comment

I had a Vetta combo for awhile and I had it sounding good within 7 minutes. They aren't THAT hard to figure out.

That being said I only use 3 tones so it was overkill for me - I bought a Peavey Valveking instead. If you use a bunch of sounds and/or effects the Vetta combo is one of the best values around.

Comment

i have a vetta and it's awesome.
        i agree that it has way too many features...but it sounds great at any volume and has tons of good sounds.
        i was happy with the hd147 head, but the 2 amps at once on the vetta is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          They aren't THAT hard to figure out.

Well, let's just say then that I came to the same conclusion as you. 2 weeks for the tone I'd use all the time. So why have 1039288120 different sounds to just use 1?
          Scott

Comment

thanks fellas, sound like it is very versatile as far as sounds and at different volume levels.....

jon

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post

Well, let's just say then that I came to the same conclusion as you. 2 weeks for the tone I'd use all the time. So why have 1039288120 different sounds to just use 1?
              Sorry didn't mean to sound insulting. I probably "figured it out" faster because I've found that my playing sounds almost exactly the same no matter what guitar/amp combination I'm using. I just threw on the SLO model and bam there's my lead sound then picked any fender model and bam clean tone is set.

Comment

Its the best amp on the planet. Use the search feature and learn all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  Sorry didn't mean to sound insulting. I probably "figured it out" faster because I've found that my playing sounds almost exactly the same no matter what guitar/amp combination I'm using. I just threw on the SLO model and bam there's my lead sound then picked any fender model and bam clean tone is set.
                  Heh, no problem man. I think it took me a little longer because I'm used to just plugging in and playing. The Vetta definitely demands some time to play around with it to fully get at the sounds contained within.

On a sidenote, the Vetta made me feel stupid. I had never heard of half of the amps it models, let alone the difference between a '59 Fender Twin and a '62 Fender Twin.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Its the best amp on the planet. Use the search feature and learn all about it.
                    It is the most versatile amp on the planet. No doubt about that. I've owned two of them and I really dug the versatility and ease of creating sounds.

Best? Not by a long shot. If you want the ultimate in flexibility in a single box then a Vetta is perfect. But they never have stood up to a real amp in terms of the raw amp tone.

The worst thing about the Vetta is people using every single fucking thing it can do all at once. The presets are horrible examples of this - too many effects, compression, etc.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The vetta is incredible. I have one, as well as some other stuff, and it would be the last thing to go. As hippietime has pointed out, some folks use too many effects. I would say that 70-80% of the time, I use just the amp and cabinet models, and the feel/tone is great.

Comment

jonsgone: Here is one and 99.9% played at room volumes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmyjU3aPvbQ
                        Thats my Charvel, well its good enough to be sitting next to his Fender VK :-D. He just updated the firmware and got a shit load of new models.
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                        X