Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap! He did it! Programmable Switch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap! He did it! Programmable Switch...

A few months ago, Rob at Guitar Electronics was finishing some mods to my 750xl when he told me about a new programmable switch he was designing.

Too. Fucking. Cool.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

That's cool stuff! Definitly something I'd put in a model series or something, but I don't see me routing that big a hole in anything expensive...

No possibility of mounting it in an already existing backroute or something?
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, really cool product, but I don't like how it ended up being mounted on a Strat. Ultimately, I think you're gonna want it mounted in the rear of the guitar, so as not to be seen, which doesn't appear to be an issue for something like a Paul, which has a rear route, already.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Looks like a control plate mount to me...

Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

That's a killer idea, but how are you supposed to switch between your thousands of pickup combos?

EDIT: I guess you can have 3 or 5 different ones saved into your pickup selector, but it seems like with that many options you might want to use more than that
          Last edited by TheAmazingBlob; 08-05-2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

What's wrong with a bunch of switches?! At least you can choose from the *FRONT* of the guitar what sound you want.
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A bunch of switches on the front would be fine for me! Definately a cool product though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                What's wrong with a bunch of switches?! At least you can choose from the *FRONT* of the guitar what sound you want.
                I don't think it works that way. The way I read it, you program it, and still use your stock toggle to access those presets. If so, no sense in it being up front.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Right. You are programming the selections available to you from your stock switch.

Comment

"An optional Bank Selector switch (3-way or 5-way) and/or Up/Down switch can be added to access additional presets or groups of presets (up to 100 total)."

Comment

Great. How do I order one to install myself? All it says is contact Guitar Electronics, but G.E. doesn't have them listed.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All 3 "distributors" have no reference to the "product" in question.
                        -Rick

Comment

I'd pop in and ask, but I'm off to Chicago in the morn. I'll stop by when I get back.

Comment

and it costs.....
                            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

"Forty Seven Miiilllon Dolllaarrs"

Last edited by nor; 08-07-2007, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X