Hughes & Kettner...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes & Kettner...?

Anybody own a Hughes & Kettner and care to offer their opinion?

I have a Triamp Mark II head and owned a Tube 100 head before that. I think they're the best amps for hard rock/heavy metal/prog riffage of anything I've owned/own (which is quite a bit). The Triamp has a decent clean and I can get a workable lead with it but, the lead tones that I've dialed in are not really to my taste as compared to my other amps. Nice looking amp too. Bringing it to a tech and having it gone over this week before I sell it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I played a Switchblade and that is one amazing amp! If I had to buy a versatile amp for jamming or a coverband then that would be it.

Comment

I just traded a Hughes & Kettner Warp X head. Great amp, good clean tones, brutal distortion, the 120 watts was a bit too much for me though. You can add a midi module to it and save settings along with outboard gear. It took rack gear and pedals very well, out front and in the effects loop. The effects loop could be set parallel or serial. I've played threw the Switchblade stack and combo versions. Those were great amps as well, digital effects were a nice touch.

Comment

What kind of powertubes did you use in the Tube 100?
          It also works with EL34, 6CA7 and KT77.
          With some modification, it can work with 6L6GC.
          Did you try it with KT77 powertubes?

Comment

5 & 1/2 years late

Great 1st post dude.

Comment

Doh!

I was going to say I see names in this post that I haven't heard from in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                I have a Triamp Mark II head and owned a Tube 100 head before that. I think they're the best amps for hard rock/heavy metal/prog riffage of anything I've owned/own (which is quite a bit). The Triamp has a decent clean and I can get a workable lead with it but, the lead tones that I've dialed in are not really to my taste as compared to my other amps. Nice looking amp too. Bringing it to a tech and having it gone over this week before I sell it.
                What kind of powertubes did you use in the Tube 100?
                It also works with EL34, 6CA7 and KT77.
                With some modification, it can work with 6L6GC.
                Did you try it with KT77 powertubes?

Sorry, I missed the previous comment :P

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                  5 & 1/2 years late

Great 1st post dude.
                  Thanks.
                  I hope he is still alive :]

Comment

At least he didn't revive a post about Axe FX.

Comment

Working...
                    X