Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vetta Replacement - time for something different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like my RM100. I bought it used on Ebay with out hearing one in advance. I pleasantly surprised and relieved. Great amp.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      I owned a Vetta for 2 years and gigged the hell out of it, the Flex III has the same amp sims. Vetta does have more effects and tweakablity, but the two are much alike if you don't use the Vetta features like 2 amps at once and tons of effects. And yes, my Flex III was setup correctly. My Randall MTS setup crushed it. And it fit in my wife's Honda Civic.

Pete
      The 2 amps at once makes ALL the difference.
      I used to be the amp whore around here. Its going on 18 months straight with my Vetta 2 and I couldn't be happier.
      I haven't found an amp yet that could crush my Vetta and I have had a ton of amps.
      I'd like to check out an MTS set up one day. I have never heard one in person live.

Comment

ENGL Powerball or Hiwatt HiGain 100
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Checked the Line 6 website and rumors has it that a Bogner designed product is on its way out. Line 6 pre with tube output section... May be something to think about.

Comment

It sounded fine through the PA, but I had more FUN playing through the tube gear.
            Exactly!

And this is why you should get a Mesa Road King. Four completely independent channels, tons of different sounds with the various power tube and rectifier combinations. Two effects loops that are able to be assigned to channels and are footswitchable. You can even output different channels to different cabinets.

A used head should be under $2k by now. I regret selling mine all of the time but I desperately needed the money.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Exactly!

And this is why you should get a Mesa Road King. Four completely independent channels, tons of different sounds with the various power tube and rectifier combinations. Two effects loops that are able to be assigned to channels and are footswitchable. You can even output different channels to different cabinets.

A used head should be under $2k by now. I regret selling mine all of the time but I desperately needed the money.
              Exactly!! I have more fun playng through my Vetta. Actually.. I have more fun playing through my GT-8 but the Vetta is more versatile live.
              To each their own. Tubes or modeling. Both good.

Comment

Yep, Bottom line is whatever works for ya. I just got in my Mesa Express 5:25 that I'll probably gig with this weekend... then I'm going to try out the Trainwreck for gigs in a few weeks. Should be interesting!

Comment

I also wonder if Randall had a revision to the fx loop... my first one sounded like a bag of crap with anything in the loop, the one I have now seems to work better... but I didn't have the EbTech to test with the first amp either, so maybe I'm just remembering things incorrectly.

Pete
                  Thing is I've gigged with this setup before and it was never distorting that bad. Nothing was changed on the pedalboard. I'm really thinking the new tubes will take care of it. After that I'm going to put the pedals in a rack drawer/tray and use my Ground Control Pro with GCX to switch in the effects.
                  Just want to make sure I solve the problem before I go re-arranging the pedals

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Thing is I've gigged with this setup before and it was never distorting that bad. Nothing was changed on the pedalboard. I'm really thinking the new tubes will take care of it. After that I'm going to put the pedals in a rack drawer/tray and use my Ground Control Pro with GCX to switch in the effects.
                    Just want to make sure I solve the problem before I go re-arranging the pedals

Rudy
                    www.wickedrocks.com
                    BTW, let me know what you think of my SL+ mod that you're getting from the guy on the MTS forum to check out. If you like Marshalls I'm going to wager you'll love it.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      Exactly!! I have more fun playng through my Vetta. Actually.. I have more fun playing through my GT-8 but the Vetta is more versatile live.
                      To each their own. Tubes or modeling. Both good.
                      As long as we both say "Exactly" I'm cool with that
                      Scott

Comment

Last week I spent just under 2000 on an Egnater Mod 50. Like the Randall stuff you can switch modules and the Egnater mods have 2 channels apiece so with the 2 mods you get 4 channels at a time. The only problem is ther's a 12 week wait. Not really a big deal to me cause I've wanted one for a while. I also like the fact that if you buy one you can call up, talk to the guys who are the ones actually building it and tell them exactly what you want and they'll tweak the modules accordingly.
                        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

BTW, let me know what you think of my SL+ mod that you're getting from the guy on the MTS forum to check out. If you like Marshalls I'm going to wager you'll love it.

Pete
                          I will definetly do that Pete. In the past I've heard killer Marshalls but when I play through them myself I get somehow disappointed, I'm talking about the actual Marshall amps not the MTS modules. I'm hoping the SL+ modded module will sound like the Marshalls I've heard others play I'm also still on the lookout for another XTC so I can send that to you to tweak some as well

Oh and Blindmuddy, you will love the Egnater amp! Bruce and Frank are always helpful, met them at NAMM last year.

Rudy
                          Last edited by roodyrocker; 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

The ones who tried the 5150III other than liking it..what does it resemble..anything like a Peavey..Marshall or Soldano..
                            I played one for a long time two weeks ago and I must say I was thoroughly impressed. Here is a review that I did on Tracy's site:

The amp on the other hand was near perfection. The first thing that I noticed was that it was more like 3 amps than a 3 channel amp. Each had its own distinct charactaristics and tone curve. The clean channel was very good...not "Twin" good but better than any multi-channel head that I have played. Cranked it gets into SRV territory nicely.

Channel 2 is where the magic is. I have never plugged into an amp and nailed the VHII "brown sound" so easily...this is with the gain at about 10 o'clock. Cranking it up a bit more kept the basic tone and upped the sustain and compression a bit, but it was still very open sounding. I could do an entire gig on this channel alone as it is also incredibly dynamic.

Channel 3 is a higher gain channel, but still very tight and punchy. The tone would compete in the hot rodded Marshall/Soldano arena...very singing yet tight and muscular. It is a bit darker sounding than channel two, but not remotely muddy. A good choice for heavier rhythms and soaring leads.

One of my favorite features was the 3 individual presence knobs...one for each channel. They really let you dial in your sound and are very responisive. Nice.

Overall, I absolutely loved this amp and I'm considering adding one to my live rig. Franky on the other hand was not for me. If I was offered that guitar for $2K on the condition that I couldn't resell it, I would pass.
                            I used the Franky and my Charvel Bullseye for the testing. I wasn't the least bit impressed with the guitar but the amp is simply amazing. Another cool thing about it is that is sounds great at low volumes...just add some highs and lows to your live sound and your right there.

I really expected to not like this as I was never a big fan of the Peaveys...they were ok but a little to fizzy/buzzy sounding for my tastes. This amp does not really sound like those IMO...more like having a Fender, a killer Marshall, and a Soldano in one head.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                              Checked the Line 6 website and rumors has it that a Bogner designed product is on its way out. Line 6 pre with tube output section... May be something to think about.
                              Mt brother was telling me about this the other day. I wonder if it is the amp that Mustaine was using.... ?

Comment

Working...
                              X