No announcement yet.

Just bought a Trainwreck Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with a Vetta at all (guy in my band uses a flex III combo) but I think a mid-heavy trainwreck would cut through a Vetta like butter. We'll find out soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      Nothing wrong with a Vetta at all (guy in my band uses a flex III combo) but I think a mid-heavy trainwreck would cut through a Vetta like butter. We'll find out soon!
      You mean like Velvetta cheese..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        Should be interesting... now to source a 'trainwreck style' cab and face. This, an attenuator and a maybe a slight boost pedal should kick ass for my 70s classic rock band.

Pete

Cool

Mine should be completed this weekend. In the meantime I've had a buddies Komet Concorde over here to blast through....insane amp...another friend has a regular Komet 60 and a Ceriatone Wreck clone - says the clone gets you about 90% of what the Komet will do. Is the missing 10% worth an extra $2000 ? YMMV - but it darn well well might be I'm still gassing for a Komet though

Larry aka " Distortion " on TGP build mind boggling cabs, but they will run close to $350 +

Here's a link to build your own - you could just do it with plywood, but the dimensions are all corect:

I may just go that route and have my buddy shoot it in his paint shop.

Steve E
        Last edited by speed monkey; 08-15-2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
          Cool

Mine should be completed this weekend. In the meantime I've had a buddies Komet Concorde over here to blast through....insane amp...another friend has a regular Komet 60 and a Ceriatone Wreck clone - says the clone gets you about 90% of what the Komet will do. Is the missing 10% worth an extra $2000 ? YMMV - but it darn well well might be I'm still gassing for a Komet though

Larry aka " Distortion " on TGP build mind boggling cabs, but they will run close to $350 +

Here's a link to build your own - you could just do it with plywood, but the dimensions are all corect:

I may just go that route and have my buddy shoot it in his paint shop.

Steve E
          I think I can tweak the amp to get a little closer - those clips posted on the gear page that compared the 'real' wreck to the ceriatone were close, but the ceria was harsher on the high end and a little congested sounding. I have a few friends who own boutique amp companies that I bug now and then... if I can't get it closer, I'll bother them.

I talked to Larry about doing the cab, his range from $350 to $500. *!* But if the amp is a keeper I don't mind spending a few bucks on it. However, I'll probably just do a cherry wood cab to make it look as much like the 'real thing' as possible. Plus I have a source for the 'trainwreck' logo (not the ceriatone guy!)... and I'm going to woodburn my faceplate too if it's a keeper.

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X