VHT ...sweet Jesus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT ...sweet Jesus!!!

I had been running a Mosvalve 500 in my rack for longer than I can remember. And for the most part, I had been happy. But lately, I've felt like there is something missing from my tone. So, I bought a two/ninety/two and tried it last night....

HOLY SHIT

I almost fell over. I haven't dialed everything in perfectly yet, but I know I'm only a few tweaks away from the tone in my head. I shouldn't be that suprised; I had a similar reaction when I switched from a solid state to tube preamp. I guess I didn't realize how much of a difference the power amp can make.

Here's my setup:

ADA MP-1
    DOD 31-band EQ (in effects loop of MP-1)
    BBE 482
    HUSH SuperC
    VHT two/ninety/two

That pipes into 2 Carvin 4x12's (circa 1990)

Nice setup you have there.
    I'm sure the VHT does sound leagues ahead.
    Now the fun part, resetting all your presets to compensate for the change in tone.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

VHT is pure awesome, especially their poweramps.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAmazingBlob View Post
        VHT is pure awesome, especially their poweramps.
        I have the 2/90/2 as well. It is the best!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Got to run my MP-1 through a 2/90/2 recently. That was the best it ever sounded! Very impressive amp. Also got to run through a 2/50/2 and it had great tone as well.

Comment

Nice score...I love VHT stuff (50 CL owner) although I never used a 2/90/2 but know the 2150 is a beast!
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

The 2/90/2 with the KT88 tubes kicks as IMO! If I ever order a Splawn Quick Rod, it will have the KT88's in the output section.

By the way, which model DOD EQ do you have?
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I went from ADA Microfet 100, to tubes in a Peavey Classic 50/50 - that was amazing. Then I upgraded to a VHT 2902 and WHOA! Huge sound, tons of overhead, and I never need to run on high power. I play through 2 4x12's as well. You've chosen wisely.

Comment

Congrats..VHT always get my respect!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bengal65: The EQ is a R-431. I have it set to a mild curve with many of the bands sets to zero. I've thought about dumping it several times, but to me it adds that little extra to the sound.

Comment

Good choice.

Comment

VHT Rocks im running the pitbull and love it

Comment

Friend uses a 2:90:2, the thing is damn impressive.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                            I had been running a Mosvalve 500 in my rack for longer than I can remember. And for the most part, I had been happy. But lately, I've felt like there is something missing from my tone. So, I bought a two/ninety/two and tried it last night....

HOLY SHIT

I almost fell over. I haven't dialed everything in perfectly yet, but I know I'm only a few tweaks away from the tone in my head. I shouldn't be that suprised; I had a similar reaction when I switched from a solid state to tube preamp. I guess I didn't realize how much of a difference the power amp can make.

Here's my setup:

ADA MP-1
                            DOD 31-band EQ (in effects loop of MP-1)
                            BBE 482
                            HUSH SuperC
                            VHT two/ninety/two

That pipes into 2 Carvin 4x12's (circa 1990)
                            I get to say "Holy Shit" everyday !! And try it with an EVH 5150 III
                            and 1/2 of the 2/90/2 in stereo !!!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Guitar into Boss GT-8..out into ADA MP-1... then into EVH 5150...then into
                              VHT 2/90/2 VHT FB Cab with EVH into Crate 2/12's loaded with Celestion
                              75's. Runnin...with the Devil"....

Comment

Working...
                              X