Boss GX-700 high pitched whistling/feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GX-700 high pitched whistling/feedback

Is there a guideline as to the order of FX blocks or certain FX levels that should be avoided? I dug up an old favourite list of settings for a patch I used years ago, programmed the GX700, and I get this horrible high pitched whistle through my speakers. The output is set to LINE, and most if not all the factory patches don't have this problem. When I originally constructed the patch 6-7 years ago, I was using a BC rich guitar with those BDSM pickups. Now I'm using a Jackson DK2M with Duncan pups, is this the patch reacting to different pups, or have I missed something out?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Update: I decided to give it another go. Turns out it may be worth binning this thing or getting it repaired, or just buying another. Now even the presets sound like a weak signal cutting in/out similar to when a battery runs down. There was back in the day a company (holland?) who repaired and upgraded recording gear, especially TC Electronics. I'm assuming I may be able to get them to sort it, but can't remember the company name. Anybody?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

long shot, does it have an internal battery? has it been replaced recently?

Comment

I know it has a lithium battery for it's memory, but I'm thinking one of the i/o has shorted.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Maybe..

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Update: I decided to give it another go. Turns out it may be worth binning this thing or getting it repaired, or just buying another. Now even the presets sound like a weak signal cutting in/out similar to when a battery runs down. There was back in the day a company (holland?) who repaired and upgraded recording gear, especially TC Electronics. I'm assuming I may be able to get them to sort it, but can't remember the company name. Anybody?
          I know MarshallJMP over at the ADA Depot repairs recording, pre-amps etc. He is in Belgium and his email is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X