J station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J station

Got one in a trade today whats the concesus on these pro/con?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I like mine, great bang for the buck.

Comment

i use one in the studio, along with a POD 2.3. i like it. it is like bringing two different amps to a session. it sounds different than a POD. no better or worse, just different. i use it a lot.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've been using mine since 1999, and love every minute with it. Used it to record our first CD, now I use it as an effects unit, within the loop of my Laney AOR. I've recorded vocals with it, and everything. If you don't have the J8 pedal or Digitech Control X (basically, the same thing), you are missing out on most of the fun and flexibility of the J-Station. Alot of gear has come and gone, through my hands in the past 27 years. This is the one piece that stays.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have one that I bought at Guitar Center right before they were discontinued. I went with the J-Station instead of a POD or V-Amp because it had both guitar and bass amp models, and included Cakewalk GT. I use it with a laptop and Cakewalk to demo new songs for my bandmates, or for late-night practice when I can't play through an amp in my apartment.
          sigpic

Comment

OK great I love my POD 2.0 so this should be fun to play with. J8 pedal are cheap used so no problem there.
            I used to have a Johnson mellinium 150 2x12 combo so this should be fairly easy.Thanks guys.

Comment

Have had mine for about 6-7 yrs.. love it.

Comment

Had some quality time with the station and I like as well as the POD.It just a different flavor of amps...... pretty cool.

Comment

way underrated and was sorry to see them pull the plug on it. I have one and I think it sounds pretty damm good.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Supposedly, there IS some difference in quality between the earlier ones, and the later ones that were made in China, I think. While I've never played one of the later ones, mine is one of the earlier ones.

Even though it is now defunct (thanks to a-hole spammers, mostly), I think the J-Station forums are still intact. You can at least glean plenty of info from it. Here's the link:

I'm not Ron!

Comment

Thanks 2k.
                      BTW mine says made in USA so maybe I have one of the better ones.It does sound great I have to say just found some new settings.
                      Last edited by straycat; 08-21-2007, 01:50 AM.

Comment

If you can, make sure you are flash-upgraded to the second version software. You will know if you are, cause it will have a Direct mode, which will allow you to run the unit without any amp sims. That's how I use mine, when running as an effect processor, in the loop of my amp. Makes it MUCH more flexible. I've used it that way, to record vocals and such. The gate and compressor, IMO, is really nice.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

You should also get the J-edit software (I think it is on the site).. makes editing nice and easy on a PC...

Comment

Absolutely. Much better than deep editing.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                            X