Good amp for 7 string death metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
    Ubershall yeah, a friend of mine recorded their demo on one and he told me it wasn't as dirty sounding as his Randall V-Max, but i'm not after that sound either.
    They have one at my local guitar shop so i'll definately try one out. I heard there are 2 versions of it, one with a blue lamp and without. Which one is best, or do they sound about the same?
    No real "sonic" difference that I know..PM me just before you try the Uber for straight amp EQ setting.."suggestions"..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

try a cab W celestion 90's or EV's

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        OK Nick and Steve, I'll do it...mink ya!

Uberschall..

why you guys make me say that word so much..I was trying to hold back..dammit.
        Yeah... you said it so much, I went out and got one a couple of weeks ago. That thing is crushing. And just so that this is relative to this forum, I play a 7 string w/ EMG's into a Bogner Uberschall into a Oversized 4X12 Rectocab using a Rane 5 band parametric in the loop. No boosting necessary. The thing moves internal organs and it is not a sloppy gain amp.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

The absolute cool thing about the Überschall is that although it's got gain and low end from here to heaven (hell) it's also very well-defined.
          That's one thing where i think the Überschall really outshines the rectifier. The rectifier got a awesome sound but it's definitely a bit muddy in the lows.

This amp easily gets my vote as the gift from heaven (hell) to all the extreme metal guitar players. It's just so bloody expensive here. It's well over $4k, if not i would own one. I played one for 10 minutes in a music store and told myself to walk away very fast or else i would get into serious trouble with my wallet.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I like my Engl Savage 120 because of its clarity and tightness for the lower tunings but an uberschall or a 5150 will rip too. Listen to Mercenary (uberschall and ibanez 7 string) or older arch enemy (5150 with detuned standard 6 string guitar).

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
              Yeah... you said it so much, I went out and got one a couple of weeks ago. That thing is crushing. And just so that this is relative to this forum, I play a 7 string w/ EMG's into a Bogner Uberschall into a Oversized 4X12 Rectocab using a Rane 5 band parametric in the loop. No boosting necessary. The thing moves internal organs and it is not a sloppy gain amp.

-Nate
              Fuck yeah nate!!!

Flo, comparing a Recto to a Uberschall...is like comparing Jessica Alba to Courtney Love..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Fuck yeah nate!!!

Flo, comparing a Recto to a Uberschall...is like comparing Jessica Alba to Courtney Love..
                Might want to swap those around, Bill... unless you have a thing for Courtney. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  Might want to swap those around, Bill... unless you have a thing for Courtney. :ROTF:
                  Jeebus..good catch there Pete..Thanks for watching my back!!:ROTF:

OK..ahemm...

Comparing a Recto to a Uberschall is like comparing Courtney Love to Jessica Alba..

another analogy..

Comparing a Recto to a Uberschall is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette!!!

I know this..because I had a Recto, Uberschall, Chevette and Corvette..and I'm smart, and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
                    just cause you use low tuning doesn't mean you have to use low end sound, try turning up the mids and turning down the bass, bass will naturally come with volume. Try upping the mids and you may be surprised how much more you'll cut through the mix
                    +1.

What sounds bollock-crushingly hard when you stand there making chugging noises on your own, just sounds like a whirlpool in shit slurry-pit when you are playing together. Don't compete with the bass guitar, that's why you have him (or maybe it's because he owns the van). And play slower!
                    Better still, if you are playing at the speed of diahorrea, re-tune it back up to something sensible, to the spectrum guitars were made to sound the best at! (Yeah, I'm an old fart, music wuz better when it had a tune etc etc)
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                      VHT is good as is an ENGL Powerball or SE or Invader,
                      and I agree turn up the mids a bit it works wonders.
                      +1 on the VHT AND Engl stuff. My buddy Rob has a Pitbull that sounds pretty ballsy. The Powerball can be found fairly reasonably used and they are workhorses. The Fireball is a great head too, and runs about the same as a 6505+. I think the Fireball is much more articulate than the 6505 with a bit smoother gain. There's also the Engl Blackmore. Go check out the sound clips at www.rocksolidamps.com

Comment

Eric_Kv2 - good call on the Savage - it's sometimes underrated for Death metal but for low tunings due to it's cutting mids it's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                          There was a dude locally that was playing an Ibanez 7 string through a VHT Pitbull... It sounded amazing. Probably one of the best live tones I've ever heard.
                          +1 on the VHT if you can afford it!

Comment

Ampeg vh140/ss150

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                              Ubershall yeah, a friend of mine recorded their demo on one and he told me it wasn't as dirty sounding as his Randall V-Max, but i'm not after that sound either.
                              Tell nick he should've stuck with his triple x in stead of that randall

for me personally, I love my triple rectumfier and I play death metal on a ke-7 through that thing... sounds great to me

Comment

Working...
                              X