Boss GE 7 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GE 7 mods

Have any of you guys tried some of the options that are available on the internet ? I am talking about the ones where you send away for the parts and solder them in yourself. I am currently running a GE 7 in the loop of my Boogie for a boost for solos. I am wondering if replacing the parts (sold by the guys on line) will make the unit function quieter or not ? Please share any and all experiences with these kits. Thanks

I run my GE-7 right into the amp to boost the preamp. I have never tried it in the loop. I would try that but I run my lead channel from a boosted channel on my effects processor. I use to run a GE-7 into Marshall MKII but still not for a lead boost. I am sure it would work though.

How about shaing some of those links?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

I've installed a few mods (including the GE-7) from www.monteallums.com. Great mods, easy to install. Even noobs who've never soldered before said it was easy.
      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

are there any differences in the newer GE7's over the early ones from the 80's? I used a GE7 along with a SD1 with a 2203 for years and never thought about modding it
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

There are mods that can be done. You can increase low mids,the highs can be better and there are a few things that can be done to clean up background noise.

Comment

I was thinking about getting a modded GE-7 but went with an MXR- 10 band eq because I heard the GE-7 was quite loud. A bud of mine has a GE-7 that he modded and he said it was easy.

Comment

Working...
            X