What would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you buy?

I am looking for a good amp. I have around $1700.00 to spend. I am looking for something that I can use both at low volume and for small jams with my neighbors band. I have been looking at the Vetta II, JSX and Randall module amps. I play mostly 80's stuff. Low volume goodness is a must. Most of my practice time is later at night that cannot wake the family or my neighbors.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Whatever recommendatinons you will get here be sure you wont listen to Horns666.

Comment

Sounds like your only real option is the Vetta. Why do you need a head anyways? Save your money and get a 1x12 or 2x12 combo.

Comment

Get a Vetta I combo, upgrade it to 2.5, save a grand. sounds good to me!
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Don't rule out the MTS heads/combos. They sound great at all volumes (I owned one and used the XTC, Blackface, Ultra, and SL+). Good stuff! If you plan on doing ANY live playing, get the 50watter at least.

Comment

Scott Splawn builds some pretty good amps and another guy named Matt Garcia in Myrtle Beach builds a killer combo and I think it's in that price range. Both builders will customize it the way you want (ie) low volume high gain, line out, headphone jack.

MD
            Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 08-23-2007, 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (HR50+) Was a great amp head I used to own before my SLO that sounded great at low volume too. Two channels and that sweet Soldano overdrive. You can probably get a good used one for just over a grand.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                Whatever recommendatinons you will get here be sure you wont listen to Horns666.
                :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

come on now, Bill's recommendations aren't that bad!!
                He'll just make sure you spend all the $1700, that's all.
                Sam

Comment

If you want good sound at low and high volumes, a modeling amp is your only option. Check out Line6 Flextone/Vetta series and the Vox Valvetronix stuff. For jamming with a drummer, I would want at least 50W solid-state.
                  Scott

Comment

I totally dislike my AD30VT valvetronix. It sounds like somebody stapled a blanket over it. I also have a cube 30 that imo sounds better. I have looked at the Flextones, but I think I want a little more. I am leaning towards the Vetta I, II. I would like to buy a used I off of ebay, but I would rather have the warranty with the new buy.
                    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

The Fuchs Frost thats in the classified right now....
                      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Before you go off spending you hard-earned dough...

try the Boss GT-8.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post

Ain'thataboutabitch..

Uberschall godammit..don't buy a pussy amp for a few bucks less..

I just discovered I never have to shave my sack again..I had this idea..I get those sometimes.

I cranked up my Ubie and I put my scroter right by the speaker cone..and wouldn't you know..the Uber sonic tone lasered the hair right off my sack..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

I cranked up my Ubie and I put my scroter right by the speaker cone..and wouldn't you know..the Uber sonic tone lasered the hair right off my sack..
                            Now why did i read that?
                            Sam

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X