JSX head through marshall 1960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSX head through marshall 1960

i found a jsx head for a pretty good deal, and i have a marshall 1960a cab. Have any of you used these two together?

comments?

thank you!

Well I used 5150s with 1960a cabs for years, but I discovered (by chance) the amp sounded better with the matching cab. I immediately noticed that I could push the gain, lows and resonance a tad further with much less flatulence.

I'm certain you'll sound great with the Marshall..I mean it can't suck by any means. I like the 75 wt celestions and the classic look of a Marshall cab.

I use My Uberschall with a 1960a for the last 5 years and I dialed in a truly killer sound. I been told by a few credible peeps here that owned the Uber and tried both the Marshall and Uberkab ..the Uberkab kills the Marhshall cab. I really love how that Bogner cab looks with that amp..I really want to get one.

I have four 1960B cabs I use with my Marshall rig, and one 1960a cab with the Uberschall. I like slant cabs with a half stack because the top half of the baffle is pointed up toward you...I'm partiall to straight cabs in a full stack because the speakers are right at ear level..plus it gived the Marshall a little added "chunk" . I don't get the concept of a slant cab on top of a full stack..since the top baffle is pointing toward the sky..

This is all I can share with you..I'm sure there is guys who own the JSX (awesome amp) who did that research or challenge..Nick and Pete may chime in..

I test drove the JSX four times with matching cab..If I didn't own the Uber and Marshall rig..I would have that amp without a doubt!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've run mine thru Greenbacks ,the JSX cab and a cab loaded with V30's ,
      and I went with the V30's.
      I haven't tried it with the GT-75's but I can't imagine that it would suck.
      I'm sure it will sound fine.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

+1 to what Nick said. I demo'd mine with the JSX cab, and didn't like the speakers. I have it running through a V3 cab with Celestion V30s, sounds awesome. Haven't tried it with a Marshall cab myself, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          +1 to what Nick said. I demo'd mine with the JSX cab, and didn't like the speakers. I have it running through a V3 cab with Celestion V30s, sounds awesome. Haven't tried it with a Marshall cab myself, though.
          I always prefered the GT-75's over Vintage 30's anywhoo..just my personal preference..I A/B them side by side in both Marhshalls and Ampeg cabs...among others later such as Crate.

The only thing that turns me off about the Uberkab is that it mixed two vintage 30's and two GT-75s..but I been told it slays, that tried both..so I must take their word...and they're credible guys to me.

The Gt-75s have a scooped sound to them with more lows and highs (bite) with less mids. The vin 30 seem to sound nice, smooth and warm at low to moderate levels me but lack the low end of the 75s at higher levels , except in the oversized Mesa cab that adds to the girth..they sound best in that cab to me!!

To tell you the truth my favorite ceslestion are the 80's. I'd assumed I would love the 90's as well. I had a old peavey cab loaded with 80's it was far the best sounding cab I've ever owned which I ran with a Marshall 2210 and sounded fucking awesome!!!

I get more than PLENTY of low end with the Uber w/ 1960a. I have the lows actually cut on the amp at 11 o' clock. The celestion 80/90's would prolly sound killer with my Marshall rig, giving me better lows tham I already have with all straights cabs and BBE 422.

I forgot the JSX used cestions unlike the 5150 cab which are Shefeilds. Which were their dupicates of Ed's favorite celestions in his beloved beat up Marshall cab. I recently read that the 5150 cab was just the best dupicate of Ed's favorite cab they could get..using the same wood Ed's old cab was made of and tweaked it until he as happy with it...I never really knew that.

That was in the History of Peavey article in a not so recent Guitar World.

In fact I didn't know how one of Peavey's trademark was an accident..with the strips of metal on alond the sides of the older cabs..which were intended to go on the inside..but someone made a mistake and put one on backwards and H. Peavey liked it!!

In fact if anyone has a Peavey T-60..those are going up in the market..so hang unto 'em..
          Last edited by horns666; 08-24-2007, 11:47 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It is personal pref but I didn't really like the jsx speakers. They are actually peavey branded jsx speakers too I think. I seen some on ebay atleast. But they are meant to be similar to a v30, but obviously dont come near. I borrowed a 1960 cab when I picked up my jsx and it sounded great. I tried a 5150 cab with it but those sheffields just didn't work with the bright amp.

To be honest I've been wanting to try an X of g12t-75's and v30's for a while, aswell as some cl80's to find what I like.

Comment

I have had CL80`s before and although they are loud and have alot of headroom be aware they have a ton of base and really no mds that I could hear. They also don`t break up very much if at all. That been said, they are great for the clean channel, lead playing and speed metal if you don`t need alot of crunch. They also made them in the CL100`s, hard to find these. The G12T-75`s were also made in the G12T-100`s, also hard to find, I believe they used the G100`s in the 1960 Lead cab or something at one time. Maybe with the right amp you can get the CL80`s to crunch, but they just wouldn`t with my now gone VHT Pittbull CLX 100. I bet they might with a Marshall though!!

Jack

Comment

Working...
              X