Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion 30watt speaker question

Hey guys,
    I've got a Mesa 50 watt Rectoverb combo with a 60 watt vintage 30 speaker in it. I just purchased a Mesa 1x12 cab that has one of the new celestion 30 watt G12H speakers ( see link http://www.zzounds.com/item--CELG12H3008 ) Since my amp is only 50 watts and I am also running another speaker with this one do you think that there is a chance I could blow it? I hardly ever run the master volume past 3 on my amp. I didn't know if I might need to switch this out with another vintage 30. Give me your thoughts.

it should be fine!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

As long as you have the right speaker resistance jacks plugged in, you'll be having 30 watts go to each speaker. No worries. I use my H with 50 and 90 watt amps
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
          As long as you have the right speaker resistance jacks plugged in, you'll be having 30 watts go to each speaker. No worries. I use my H with 50 and 90 watt amps
          Yeah, if your pushing both no worries, That 30W green should crunch really well. I had a .50cal back in the day (the 1st ones with 4-EL 34's) and I blew the 90W Cel/black shadow. Well I did have a Duncan HM livewire in the bridge in my Jackson.
          Last edited by ADR; 08-24-2007, 09:35 PM.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
          X