New Line 6 Amp? Bogner!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
    So now all those guys in this youtube video go ape-shit about the fact that bogner is involved with Line6 ? Well you know they could have just bought a bogner head if it's bogner that they think is so cool.
    Maybe it's just me but if i want a bogner i will buy a bogner.

Flo

Bogner and Line 6 sounds like a match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
      So now all those guys in this youtube video go ape-shit about the fact that bogner is involved with Line6 ? Well you know they could have just bought a bogner head if it's bogner that they think is so cool.
      Maybe it's just me but if i want a bogner i will buy a bogner.

Flo
      Well, the one guy, Raphael Moreira, plays Bogners, already. I'm uncertain as to the authenticity of the reactions, though. I mean, you never heard exactly what it was that made them all go "wow". It all seemed so creatively edited. I've never been a real fan of the Line 6 products, and while, yeah, I guess it DOES sound promising, I will wait till I am actually in front of one of these, and hear it for myself, before I get all excited, like that.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
        Sounds like they are coping Vox's "Valvetronix" with the tube(s). Cant wait to try one out.
        More like the Hughes & Kettner Switchblade.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
          No, the Switchblade is a traditional amp with a fully programmable effects processor built into it. The Switchblade is more like that old Dimebag Randall Solid State head but with tubes.
          This new Line 6 is exactly what the tube snobs have been asking for. Line 6 modeling and a killer all tube power section. Bogner is a great choice. Especially since IMHO... Line 6 has always done a great job modeling Bogners.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            No, the Switchblade is a traditional amp with a fully programmable effects processor built into it. The Switchblade is more like that old Dimebag Randall Solid State head but with tubes.
            This new Line 6 is exactly what the tube snobs have been asking for. Line 6 modeling and a killer all tube power section.
            My point is, the new Line 6/Bogner amp will be closer in design and function to the Switchblade than to the Vox Valvetronix/Tonelab which is just a digital modeler with a 12AX7 thrown in.

Comment

The Vox is a digital modeler preamp with a 12AX7 in the power section to give it the tube response. Seems very similar to this except Line6 used 6L6s instead.
              Scott

Comment

No, more like the old Marshall 3203 and 4203, with a processor. Solid pre, tube power.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                  2x12ax7 2x6l6 from the unconfirmed leaked specs. 6-8 amp models too.
                  If this is accurate, then this amp is more in line with the H & K design than any of the other amps mentioned (the Marshall's and the Vox's). The Marshall's mentioned a few posts back and the Vox Valvetronix lines are hybrids which mate solid state or digital with a tube. The H & K and new Line 6/Bogner are full blown tube amps with a tube pre-amp section and a tube power amp section (mated with digital effects and amp modeling). That's the only point I was trying to make.
                  Last edited by LastInLine; 08-25-2007, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to hear what it sounds like. Hopefully, they just go with it and not try to cram all the AIR stuff + the rest of the kitchen sink in there and just make it a players amp.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

If this is accurate, then this amp is more in line with the H & K design than any of the other amps mentioned (the Marshall's and the Vox's). The Marshall's mentioned a few posts back and the Vox Valvetronix lines are hybrids which mate solid state or digital with a tube. The H & K and new Line 6/Bogner are full blown tube amps with a tube pre-amp section and a tube power amp section (mated with digital effects and amp modeling). That's the only point I was trying to make.
                      But somebody had already mentioned a solid stae pre, hence my analogy to the Marshall 3203. Yeah, even the 3203 has a 12ax7, but that's for the phase inverter, I believe.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Reminds me of old MusicMan amps with a SS preamp and tube power section... Those kicked ass!

Comment

I want one.

Comment

that thing sounds killer.....I want one 2

Comment

The Uber is one of my fav's in the Line 6 modelers. It cuts and sounds mean with fairly sensitive dynamics.
                              This amp should be a nice alt for the tube amp crowd.
                              I hope it has some cool Vetta type features as well.

Comment

I'm more curious as to if it'll do the Ecstacy. That, to me, is the Holy Grail.
                                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                                X