Flextone experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone experts

Ive got an original flextone plus. It says on it that it is a plus and has the cab out and thats great. Now, I also have a flextone III. Im trying to figure out which model it is. On the line6 site they only list the flextone 3 plus and xl models. According to the stats, Ive got a plus model. But it doesnt say plus anywhere on the amp like the old ones did. Its got 2 outputs for a cab on the back as well as direct xlr outputs so Im assuming its a plus model. Line6 only lists those 2 models but Ive seen a lot of variants such as the 2x12 versions and now Ive come across this.

Its a 1x12 with no cab outs or xlr outputs. What model is that? Did they make a mono version when they first started the 3 series but phased it out and only list the current ones on the website? Also my old flextone plus's outputs work differently. It has one to be used with a single mono cab and the internal speaker to make stereo. The 3 has to outputs that mute the internal speaker and need a stereo cab or 2 mono cabs to make stereo. Is that correct? Ok, so my main point was to make sure that the model I have is a plus model. Its a 1x12 with cab outputs as well as xlr outputs. That makes it a plus, right?

The plus can push an extra 75W for an extension cab. So by itself it has a 75W poweramp but with an extra cab it has 75W+75W=150W stereo.

Comment

Right, thats how it is with my flextone I plus. The newer ones, Flextone3 plus,have 2 outputs for a stereo cab or 2 cabs. The internal speaker gets muted on these. It then acts like a head unit, 150 watts stereo.

Comment

The back of my Flextone III Plus model looks different. It's got two xlr outputs to the right of the effects loop and two speaker outs to the left of the effects loop.

I think when they first came out, there was a base Flextone III, a Plus and an XL model.

Comment

Thats what Im thinking as well. Mine is like yours. That picture is one I stole off ebay to show the lack of outputs.

Comment

Yeah, mine doesn't say "Plus" anywhere on the amp either. But I know it is.

Comment

I have a "Plus" model & it is not designated anywhere on the amp. I do remember when the III series came out there were three models- 1x12, 1x12 with external speaker (Plus) and the 2x12 (XL).

Comment

Originally posted by Rockinloud View Post
                I have a "Plus" model & it is not designated anywhere on the amp. I do remember when the III series came out there were three models- 1x12, 1x12 with external speaker (Plus) and the 2x12 (XL).
                Correct, there were 3 models, base FT III, plus and XL. The XL has 2x12 speakers. The base FT III does not have a speaker out, so you have a plus.
                My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Working...
                X