Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever hear somebody play through 25 Marshalls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear somebody play through 25 Marshalls?

at a time? (Hope this hasn't been posted already)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2037916339

Check out the feedback!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

I love people with more time and money than sense!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
      I love people with more time and money than sense!
      +1

Comment

I have to be honest, it didn't sound half bad.......alot better than I thought it was going to sound.

Comment

Just getting an error on the video here, I'll try again later
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I feel cheated!

My assumption was several combos and a some stacks, not those POS little fuzz boxes.
            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

That was pretty cool. Check this out, 18 "real" Marshall cabs:

I really don't believe all the cabs were all hooked up, in fact I couldn't tell there was any sound coming from his stacks. There are also no heads visible and no mics. The PA was pretty loud though and all of the guitar sound seemed to be coming from the PA. But I wasn't really close enough to be absolutely sure. For what it's worth, I took this pic at the Tuska open air metal festival this summer in Helsinki. It's the Finnish band Stratovarious and the guitarist is Timo Tolkki.
              My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Yup, just the very top left cab is mic'd, 1 speaker and put thru the PA, rest are for show.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I saw Yngwie with 11 Marshall stacks, all amps were on but it wasn't that loud from the 5th row in a small room (about 1000 in audience). May be it was different on stage though.

Comment

I thought Yngwie was obscenely loud! There were people leaving at his show because their ears couldn't take it anymore. :|
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Woah, is that guy playing with his thumb and fingers? My hands would be bleeding after playing those riffs!

Thanks for posting, pretty wild.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

man, i'd love to see stratovarius live

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
                          man, i'd love to see stratovarius live
                          Well, I'd have to say from a musical point of view, it wasn't all that great. The overall performance was ok, but it felt like Timo was just re-cycling old riffs. Or it could have been that after 3 days full of beer and more interesting bands like Vader, Children of Bodom, Pain, WASP, Legion of the Damned, etc... (there were over 30 bands), I was just a bit jaded.
                          My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                            I thought Yngwie was obscenely loud! There were people leaving at his show because their ears couldn't take it anymore. :|
                            Yes that's what I was expecting, but it didn't happen. I had earplugs and I could remove one (my other ear is over sensitive, fucked up by a crash cymbal probably).

Comment

Working...
                            X