Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 confirms rumor ,yea baby

http://line6.com/spidervalve/

VEry cool. I cant wait till we get some in at work to check it out.
    Gil

Comment

any idea when they will ship....I will buy the head
      nevermine the combos will be in stores 10/07 the heads 12/07....merry xmas to me!!!
      Last edited by kingv2002; 08-28-2007, 10:46 PM.

Comment

these sound llike they will be fucking awesome.

next thing is, how much content is in the thing? I have a Vetta, which has everything. I'm kind of surprised they used the Spider platform for this amp, with its more limited software.

any idea on price?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          any idea on price?
          when they stick the term "all-tube" in an amp's description, its gonna get expensive...

I'm guessing, conservatively...
          Head : $1200+
          2x12 : $1500+
          1X12 : $900+
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            when they stick the term "all-tube" in an amp's description, its gonna get expensive...

I'm guessing, conservatively...
            Head : $1200+
            2x12 : $1500+
            1X12 : $900+
            shit, Vettas cost more than that bro
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              shit, Vettas cost more than that bro
              more expensive ? Well then, good-bye spidervalve. LOL

however, reading the description, it says that the amps have only 2 preamp tubes and one of them is for the cascading gain and the other is for phase inversion. So, does this mean the first stage gain is a coming from a solid-state circuit instead of a tube-preamp circuit?

In the 5150, there were what 5 preamp tubes...three for the gain, one for clean and one for phase inversion. Someone please clarify...
              Sam

Comment

MSRP's taken from the site:

How much will the Spider Valve amplifiers and head cost?
                MSRPs for the Spider Valve 112, Spider Valve 212 and Spider Valve HD100 will be $969.99, $1159.99, and $1099.99, respectively.

Comment

im getting one of these
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    more expensive ? Well then, good-bye spidervalve. LOL

however, reading the description, it says that the amps have only 2 preamp tubes and one of them is for the cascading gain and the other is for phase inversion. So, does this mean the first stage gain is a coming from a solid-state circuit instead of a tube-preamp circuit?

In the 5150, there were what 5 preamp tubes...three for the gain, one for clean and one for phase inversion. Someone please clarify...
                    It does say that the first 12ax7 comes after the modeling circuitry. 1 12ax7 does seem like a low number for a cascading-gain preamp. My guess is that you are right, the modeling circuitry has some gain, and the purpose of this tube is to give the preamp some tube distortion The amp model selector probably controls the level of signal going to this tube, determining whether it distorts or not. This is just a guess though
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                      MSRP's taken from the site:

How much will the Spider Valve amplifiers and head cost?
                      MSRPs for the Spider Valve 112, Spider Valve 212 and Spider Valve HD100 will be $969.99, $1159.99, and $1099.99, respectively.
                      At those prices, I guess it's a foregone
                      conclusion that they're imports? Probably
                      made in the same factory as PV's Valve
                      King or Epi's So Cal...

Comment

shit, Shit, SHIT!!! NOW they finally do it...just when I have a nice tube head. Looks like maybe I'll have two... Or maybe just a combo...hmmm...

Comment

I was hoping for some 19" tube-rack-stuff...

Comment

It's not a REAL Bogner, so I'm thinking a POD in the loop of your existing tube amp would probably be as satisfying if not more so... but hey, if you dig it wtf....
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"The Line 6 modeler feeds a pair of 12AX7 preamp tubes. The first tube is set up as a cascading gain stage, with each stage contributing the harmonic complexity vintage amp players love. That feeds the master volume which hits the next 12AX7 configured as a phase splitter which is followed by Sovtek 5881WXT/6L6. There’s 2 6L6’s for 40 watts of class AB power in the combos and 4 6L6’s for 100 watts of class AB power in the head. "
                              Last edited by Spivonious; 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X