No announcement yet.

Line 6 confirms rumor ,yea baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW... Just watch the skeptics come out of the woodwork. Do you guys have something against progress? Why don't you just wait until you get to play one for cripes sake?

I listened to all the anti-Line 6 BS for years (I've been playing them since 1998) - all the sudden guys are selling off some pretty nice amps to get a Vetta. While the Spider is not my favorite, I'll certainly give this a chance before passing judgement on it.

This anti-sentiment before it's even released just slays me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      I cannot see Bogner putting his name on crap because it does his compan an injustice. If anything Id tend to assme if he had no confidence in the product he would have been involved quietly
      That is the impression I got after watching the Bogner interview on the L6 site. I think the will sell a lot of these...
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Gotta love it, for years, OMG NO TUBES. Now it's WHAT A MARKETING GIMMICK.

Isn't this just another ... if it only had a floyd I'd be all over it?
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Pretty soon we will hear talk of Line6 as pre/post bogner.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
            To me it's just line6 fishing for the tube guys. Will it sound good ? Probably yes, don't know, haven't heard own yet. Will it make the tube guys switch ? I don't think so.
            +1
            Before spider amps, there were a lot of other modeling amps. but none quite became a success. Spider amps just had the right stuff in 'em. insane distortion and celestion speakers. Younger generation are attracted to them.

however, the tube-snobs always shied away from modelling amps just because...they are tube-snobs. With this concept of all-tube in the new amps, it will bring quite a few if not all tube-snobs to line 6!
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              +1
              Before spider amps, there were a lot of other modeling amps. but none quite became a success. Spider amps just had the right stuff in 'em. insane distortion and celestion speakers. Younger generation are attracted to them.

however, the tube-snobs always shied away from modelling amps just because...they are tube-snobs. With this concept of all-tube in the new amps, it will bring quite a few if not all tube-snobs to line 6!
              I don't know, I am not a tube snob, but I also wouldn't consider this particular amp "all tube" either. Who knows whether this will catch on or not, I haven't exactly figured out who they are trying to sell this thing to. Weren't all of the models meant to emulate tube amps anyway? And now they bolt some tubes in there? This seems to me to defeat the very purpose of modeling amps: tube amp sounds without the tubes. With that being said, I am very curious to see how it sounds, I do actually like both Line 6 and Bogner products.
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

It's obviously designed to give the models some actual tube warmth. I don't see what the problem is here, at all.

Comment

I don't see a problem either. Plus, in addition to the amp models, these amps have modeled effects in them, too.

Comment

I wasn't saying there was a problem. I was merely pointing out that tube warmth is what Line 6 has been saying they were modeling all along. I will be the first to agree that they are not quite there with their current models, but personally I would like to see them develop this kind of stuff more into their modeling algorithms rather than putting tubes in. To me, that would be progress, putting in tubes seems like the opposite of progress.

IMHO of course
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

What's to say that they're not continuing with their R&D on the models?

I don't see this as Line 6 admitting that they were wrong, or changing their tune. Line 6 is just acknowledging that there are people who refuse to buy amps without tubes, and offering something for them. I fully expect them to come out with a Vetta III, Pod XT II, etc. at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        +1
                        Yes. But there are guys on both sides, let's not forget this. There are enough line6 fanboys who canonize everything line6 does, no matter if good or bad.
                        It's not always the tube-snobs don't acknowledge modeling no matter what, the other side is as much as insistent.

There were so many line6 fanboys saying that modeling already sounds as good and the same as tube amps. Now they jump on the next train and go ape-shit about this new modeling/tube amp, saying how good this will be (of course without hearing it). Almost no bad words why suddenly tubes from line6 although they always claimed that they can model tubes.

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                          There will always be people who swear by tubes and always people who swear by solid state, that's just the way it is. Everyone knows there is a sonic difference between the two and people are on either side of the fence because one does some things better than the other and vice versa. This amp is to be produced for the guys who do like a bit of both but lean more towards the sonic qualities of tubes. Personally, I'm a tube guy.....but for the past couple of months have been playing thru a Spider II 150 watt head, and I gotta tell you, I don't hate it. It does miss that obnoxious piercing mids tone that only a tube amp can give. Most tube guys I know feel the same, so the Spider made for the perfect choice to mate with this technology.....kind of a no bullshit straight up approach with just a touch of effects that if you don't use them it's no big deal. At the price, when they hit the stores I'll certainly check em out tho.
                          Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                          What's to say that they're not continuing with their R&D on the models?

I don't see this as Line 6 admitting that they were wrong, or changing their tune. Line 6 is just acknowledging that there are people who refuse to buy amps without tubes, and offering something for them. I fully expect them to come out with a Vetta III, Pod XT II, etc. at some point.
                          You and I do think alike don't we??? Hell, I am a tube guy, (always played Marshalls, Laney AORs, Mesas and 5150s) and even I understand what they're targetting here. I say yay for tube technology progress!!!!!
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I don't think it will be a piece of crap, I'm sure it will be pretty nice. But again, will it be as nice or nicer than running a $100 used POD 2.0 in the loop of your existing tube amp? The POD actually has more features and is much cheaper to buy and run with your existing amp that you already like.

At $799 street for the 100 watt head, are they made in China? Where are Line6 made in general, btw?

They may do well initially, but I don't see this satisfying someone who wants a real Bogner, nor the true Line6 devotee either. It will be what the Yamaha T-Series amps were compared to a real Soldano at best IMO.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              I don't think it will be a piece of crap, I'm sure it will be pretty nice. But again, will it be as nice or nicer than running a $100 used POD 2.0 in the loop of your existing tube amp? The POD actually has more features and is much cheaper to buy and run with your existing amp that you already like.

At $799 street for the 100 watt head, are they made in China? Where are Line6 made in general, btw?

They may do well initially, but I don't see this satisfying someone who wants a real Bogner, nor the true Line6 devotee either. It will be what the Yamaha T-Series amps were compared to a real Soldano at best IMO.
                              Looking at the pics of the back of the amp, yes they are assembled in China. Reinhold Bogner said in his interview that they are using all USA and German parts tho.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The combos will be out 2 months ahead of the head so we should get enough info to see if its worth buying (the head version). I'm looking into getting the head so I'm waiting for the reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X