No announcement yet.

Line 6 confirms rumor ,yea baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the 1X12 they are using a 30W Celestion, the all tube combo is rated at 40W? Sure seems likely there could be blown speakers?
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Let me elaborate on what I said earlier. I'm not saying that this amp won't sound good. I'm also not saying that it won't be good quality. What I'm saying is that I really don't see anyone enjoying that legendary tube "vibe" until they crank it to the pain level or attach an attenuator, especially with the 100-watt head.

Now, the typical bedroom guitar hero isn't going to be able to tell the difference between this tube power section and a solid state one.

Conversely, if this amp is used live, then the best sound will most likely be had by running it direct into the PA and not using the Bogner part of it in the first place.

Again, I'm not knocking the idea, but I only see it benefitting a small niche of players.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
        For the 1X12 they are using a 30W Celestion, the all tube combo is rated at 40W? Sure seems likely there could be blown speakers?
        The speaker is not 30 watts. It's a Celestion Vintage 30... they're rated at 60 watts, so handling 40 watts won't be a problem.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I knew that NOT Thanx toejam.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

No problem. I really want to try one of these amps when they come out. I don't really need another amp, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
              line6 fanboys
              good to see you're so even-handed about all this
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I don't really need another amp, though.
                Are you feeling okay? (checks Toejam's forehead for a fever)

If I thought that, I would go and lie down until the feeling went away.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

While I certainly have had my share of both tube and solid state, and I am a fan of modelling, I have yet to be impressed with any Line 6 product I've plugged into. I chose the J-Station over the POD, scratched my head at the mushiness of the Spider III, and laugh at Dave Navarro with his Vetta, getting spanked by Rafael Moreira and his Bogner, on Rock Star (In Dave's defense, it IS a Bogner!), so I remain skeptical, till I hear it. Since the Bogner Ecstasy sits at the top of the pile, in amps, for me, I certainly hope THIS is the Line 6 product that makes me stand up and pay attention.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                    Are you feeling okay? (checks Toejam's forehead for a fever)

If I thought that, I would go and lie down until the feeling went away.

I'm trying to keep my GAS under control, dammit! Key word... trying! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      I'm trying to keep my GAS under control, dammit! Key word... trying! :ROTF:
                      I dont need an amp either! I couldn't be more than happy with the Boss GT-8 + Crate PB combo. I do need to add a couple of Charvel to my collection tho. That's the direction I'm gonna be channeling my GAS.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        good to see you're so even-handed about all this
                        Right now we just saw bashing of the tube-snobs. I still think that there are extremes on both sides and i also still think it should be mentioned here.

So i guess you are a line6 user ?

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I hope it sounds as good as the hype but if not I am very happy with the Vetta. I serioulsy doubt it will be a piece of crap but will it sound that much better than the Vetta line? If not, then why switch. Also, it doesn't sound like it will be Variax plug in ready or even have an option for the card so that sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                            Am I the only one who realizes that Line6 just invalidated their entire history of claiming to be "as good as tubes"?

Pete
                            Good point. I think their "out" could be that they are using real tubes as a means to an end, which is to ultimately make more authentic sounding models. The flexibility of having an assortment of amp models is just as attractive to me as a Line 6 user as the "tubetone" technology. If they can give me that much flexibility with real tube tones that's a plus to me.

I see this technology really catching on and being the wave of the future. I can see the next step being someone developing a tube/modeling amp with multiple power tubes types (6l6's and EL34's for example) to really nail a model. As it stands right now, I can see the detractors of the new Line 6/Bogner asking "how can you model a Marshall with 6L6 power tubes?"

Comment

design by Bogner....wow
                              State of Emergency
                              http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
                              Personal Myspace
                              http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

I've made up my mind...

I demo'd a regular Spider III 212 today, and got some pretty kickass tones out of it - purely by accident, which is the hallmark of Line 6 stuff...great tone you don't have to work too hard to find. I've always been able to find good sounds in nearly every Line 6 amp I've owned. Anyway, I was fairly impressed with what happened in the 30 minutes I messed around with it. If I can get that kind of sound out of that amp, I can only imagine what warming it up with tubes and a good closed-back cab will do. Add to which it has the Bogner name on it, so you know the power section will be well thought out and of high quality and dependability.

The Mesa is on it's way out. Welcome back Line 6!! I'll be getting the head version, and probably without even a real life demo. Now I just have to sell some gear...again...

Comment

Working...
                                X