Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Line 6 POD

Hi all,

I recently purchased the POD 2.0 because a friend reccommended it for silent practicing, as well as use for direct recording. I play mostly extreme metal, and am having some trouble dialing in a really good metal tone. I was wondering if you all had any suggestions or tips. As far as a target tone goes, here are some of my favorite tones:

Arch Enemy
    Chimaira
    Machinehead
    Lamb of God
    Metallica - Anything before Load

Right now my live setup is an ENGL Powerball, and the POD just can't get into that aggressive of territory in my short time spent tweaking so far. I know the PODxt has some more options as far as other models go, so if there are any PODxt users please chime in also.

For guitars I have an SL2H with stock Seymour Duncans and an RR1 with dual EMG 81's, as well as a PRS Singlecut with stock #7 pickups. I've gotten closest to the tones I like with the RR1.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Jon

your not gonna get the tones of a speaker moving air with POD. you'll get close, but it won't have the same feeling.

using the rectifier setting will most likely get you close. try holding down the tap button and then selecting an amp model for the alternative models. i.e. a different recto head or the slo 100 instead of the x88r. and the same thing with the cab models till you get a tone you can live with.

you'll get use to the sound of the modeling processor with time. it'll grow on ya. its a lot smoother sounding than a real amp. and once you get use to it micing a real amp will sound weird to you.

good luck.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Take your favorite model so far and add a boost/overdrive pedal going into the POD.

Should help get a little more drive outta it, which sounds like just what your looking for.

I have to use THE RAt modeled pedal in my Guitarport with the model amps I like to get heavy gain too.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I found the best model on SLO 100. Rectifier is a bit too muddy for my taste

Try some cabs , Line 6 2*12 model or Treadplate 4*12. they are my favs.
        I use it to play brutal death metal, so not so close but similar to your sound. Add also a booster, Screamer will work well, but do not set the gain tooo high, because the noise gate of the POD tends to suck up all the distortion.
        SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
        SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

Working...
        X