Amp and effects setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp and effects setup

I have a Crate GT1200H and a DigiTech GNX3. I would like to know the best way to set this up. The crate manual tells me to get an Y adapter so I have the output and the input from GNX3 into the "Insert" jack of my head. (This needs explained to me how the signal is processed if the instrument is being bypassed.)
    Last edited by JetFixxxer; 09-02-2007, 04:56 PM.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Here is a link to the manual for my head http://img3.guitarcenter.com/dbase/pdf/man/m_487796.pdf
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

It appears that crate decided to mess with you by only giving the effects loop one jack. So in essence you need the stereo (TRS) jack on one end and two mono jacks on the other. It appears that the "send" which normally has it's own 1/4in mono jack is the ring, while the "return" which also normally has it's own 1/4in mono jack is the tip. So in essence you have a cable that on one end is a standard TRS stereo jack, while on the other end the connectors go Tip-->Tip and on the other side Ring-->Tip. The Ring to Tip side plugs into your Input jack on your processor, and the Tip to Tip connector plugs into the Output jack on your processor. You then have to set your levels in the processor to balance the sound. You won't be able to use any of the Distortion effects because they're in the loop of the amp and will sound like ass.

That's one way.

Or, if you like the way the models sound just set the amp on it's clean channel and run the processor in the front and use the models on the processor as your preamp

Or...

Run a standard patch cable from the output on your processor to the input of the amps loop which bypasses the preamp entirely.

It's really your choice. IMO, that's a crappy way to design an amp.

Comment

Working...
      X