Set-up finally complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set-up finally complete

So after being a bum and running my preamp through a home entertainment system for nearly a year, I finally got a cab to call my own.

It arrived two weeks ago. Framus 2x12 CS CB with V30's. Amps are: Quad Preamp and Mesa Boogie 50/50.

Let me just tell you I'm ADDICTED to playing now, absolutely fucking addicted. Tone from heaven, this is exactly the tone I wanted at it is beyond god motherfucking LARGE.

The cab itself is awesome. Heck of a lot of low end for a 2x12 and it seems to really shine when you crank some high mids. I ran it through my friend's Mesa Trad. on numerous occasions and that never sounded as good as with this framus cab oddly enough. Paired with an EMG 85 it's just insane. High mids make it a ball crusher.

It is tight beyond the dreams of avarice and the CHUG is going to make you all jealous! Gonna record some clips very soon.

Anyone looking for Metallica tone, this is where it's at!

(BTW I use that suitcase to cover the cab, I don't have any foam. But the effects are pretty much the same, sounds monstrous!!!!!!!)
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

nice!! does it only do metallica?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

+1 on the 2X12 cab.
      I've played through many, but the best mid scoop I get, with
      harmonics, is a very old (67-69) Fender 2x12 cabinet, still unidentified.
      Had a lot of speakers go through, my favorite in here for metal is the
      Celestion G12M-70, no longer available.

Haven't looked...have you gotten a chance to play that case yet?

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        nice!! does it only do metallica?
        It does pretty much everything perfectly. Cleans are out the questions with the emg's, but a strat really shone through it. Got an almost EJ like clean tone. Beautiful stuff.

I've always been a sucker for V30's, something just draws me through their sound. A mesa with c90's/V30's is definitly good tone as well, as far as I'm concerned. What 'case' do you mean, Cygnus?
        Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 09-02-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          What 'case' do you mean, Cygnus?
          the guitar you bonehead!
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Comment

that Quad is just too much preamp for your rack case.....
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Is this the Framus cab you have?

I'm planning to get one soon together with a new head.
                My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

i got the same framus 212 cab. definitely a GREAT sound for such a small cabinet - actually, i'm thinking about swapping my 412 laney for a second 212 framus, would make gigging a lot easier (damn 412 cabs... :-D )

congrats on the setup bro

Comment

Originally posted by cbope View Post
                    Is this the Framus cab you have?

I'm planning to get one soon together with a new head.
                    Yes, that is exactly it. Mine has an extra little badge on the front which reads (I think) "CS", probably for Celestion, or for the CS model of the cab.

It really went above and beyond my expectations. Greatest bang for the buck cab you can buy today, that's for sure.

I ordered mine from musicstore.de for 305 euros. Shipping was free and it arrived at my doorstep within 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X