Best amp deal I ever got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best amp deal I ever got

Well, I traded a player quality Les Paul standard for a Vetta Head, Randall RM50 head with blackface/Recto/XTC modules and a Peavey 6505+ head with all footswitches and floorboard. Does that sound like a pretty good deal?

I never really played tube amps, so this should be fun. If I decide I don't like them, I guess I can always get rid of them.

I will let you know what I think of the tube stuff.

sounds like a KILLER deal to me!!! you got ALL 3 amps for the les paul?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yup - it was a 2003 with a killer top but lots of nicks and dents all the way around. I offered that and a brand new 2006 standard, but he liked the 2003.

Comment

kick ass!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Wow, unless those heads are seriously messed up, you got a killer deal. Nice goin!

Comment

Sweet! I think this calls for pics.
            Scott

Comment

Damn dude, you got away with highway robbery!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Now all I need are cabinets for them all...

Comment

Dude, that blows away the time I traded a Marshall valvestate poweramp for a like new 5150 half stack..

I was thinking that LP had to look fuggin' tits...but did you say 2003 with "dings"..for all that???

Yeah, dude..that's a pretty good deal. Maybe you can rob some dumbass blind for cabs too..go for it!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OK - some pictures - hope this works:

Comment

You still have another LP - does that dude have a brother looking to dump some cabs?
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Funny thing is, he has tons of heads - I didn't even bother looking at the Blue Voodoo's and his other stuff, but he had no cabinets at all. I would have preferred a couple of half stacks myself, but not now I guess.

The Randall is great - actually the blackface sounds really nice. The XTC is more to my liking than the recto module, but maybe that's just me. My only issue is I can't play them loud, due to kids and family.

I like the 6505 clean, crunch and lead channels. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Vetta again, but the tube side of the world is pretty cool too...

Now where are those cabs?????

Comment

Man, that was an amazing deal.

Comment

I actually wished he wanted the 2006 rather than the 2003 based on the fact that I didn't really bond with the 2k6 yet. It's still in the new/never dinged state. But... the 2k6 cost me over 2K while the 2003 was just a bit over 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post

The Randall is great - actually the blackface sounds really nice. The XTC is more to my liking than the recto module, but maybe that's just me. My only issue is I can't play them loud, due to kids and family.

I like the 6505 clean, crunch and lead channels. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Vetta again, but the tube side of the world is pretty cool too...

Now where are those cabs?????
                              Those two modules are my favorites too. I use XTC for my distortion sound and Blackface for cleans in my Randall RM100 head.

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X