Fave Amp Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boogie all the way.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Marshal all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        I know bud, just pulling your struddel.

Personally I believe Rivera is one of THE finest amp makers out there. But they are hard to find and not many people know about them. The thread started as select you favorite amps, well!! if you haven't tried it how can it be your fav? It can't.

Therefore I understand.

Just last week I took my new Rivera KTRE into the studio and the bass and other guitar player complemented my tone to no end. They were looking at it like WTF!? never seen it before, but where amazed how cool it sounded.
        Needless to say I am a supporter of Paul.
        I get this alot, too... whenever I take my Riveras (a first-run TBR1 and a non-reverb Knucklehead 55) to a studio or a gig, I almost always get that one-two punch of "never seen one of those" and "wow, that sounds awesome" from someone. They should be more recognised than they are, that´s for sure.

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about Rivera. I've always wanted to try one, but I've never even seen one in person. Yet another reason living in Canaduh sucks.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
            I get this alot, too... whenever I take my Riveras (a first-run TBR1 and a non-reverb Knucklehead 55) to a studio or a gig, I almost always get that one-two punch of "never seen one of those" and "wow, that sounds awesome" from someone. They should be more recognised than they are, that´s for sure.
            me too. people freak over my rig and my tone. they can't believe how huge it sounds, how my notes sustain but retain total clarity. there is a reason i have played my rivera's since 1990. for those that don't know (since i mention it a lot), i play the M/S pro series amps, i have an s120 head that is my main amp, an m100 head, and an m100 1x12 combo.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Amp heads?
              They are like any piece of gear to me, I have no loyalty, I get whats right for me. But Soldano is at the top of the list with SLO.
              Also, I really like Randall's modules.
              I think they have a very good think going with them.
              One could get the RM4 and throw in 4 modules and be set for any sound
              they could want, very versatile.

Amp/speaker cabinet?
              Genz Benz g-flex 2x12 cabinet.
              Truly as loud as some 4 x12 cabs and the bottom end is to die for.
              I love the thing and a thankful and proud owner.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                Amp/speaker cabinet?
                +1

Comment

I had to go Marshall being British and all, but if I had to chose it would be an older Park, (a bit more gain to my ears) or an early 70s Hiwatt. good enough for the Who, good enough for me!

...goes off to stroke his lovely 70s 100w Super Bass Head, or my 'death box' as I like to call it!
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    me too. people freak over my rig and my tone. they can't believe how huge it sounds, how my notes sustain but retain total clarity. there is a reason i have played my rivera's since 1990. for those that don't know (since i mention it a lot), i play the M/S pro series amps, i have an s120 head that is my main amp, an m100 head, and an m100 1x12 combo.
                    Yeah, every Rivera I´ve ever heard has been killer. I bought the TBR1 unheard on a whim back in 2002, since I got a great deal on it and I knew that Rivera has a good reputation and some pretty stellar players using their stuff, and when it arrived my other amps went out the door. I added the Knucklehead about a year ago, and since it´s more aggressive with bigger bottom end than the TBR1 they work great together. The TBR shines on the seventies and eighties tones, and the Knucklehead handles everything from the nineties and onward... I like to think of them as pre and post the SLO100 in that regard, since amps got gainier and more aggressive somewhere around 1990. I honestly can´t see myself buying another amp, but I guess you never can know with GAS!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                      "Other"

Well, I have 2 Carvin heads right now that sound pretty good, not a Marshall tone, but their own tone. An X100B and an MTS.

Jack
                      +1 , X100-B for me as well (but I'm certainly open to try as many others as possible!)

jim
                      Last edited by jim777; 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM.
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Diezel VH4

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                          Amp/speaker cabinet?
                          +2

My El Diablo combo has those speakers in it.
                          Scott

Comment

I can get a decent deal on a Mesa dual channel triple rectifier, and was wondering what kinda experiences or opinions you guys have on em? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I live in a medium sized city with no mesas within 2 or 3 hours drive from here to even try out. and so this is on topic....I voted for Marshall even though mine hasn't been workin out for me lately.

Comment

I voted for Peavey. I think they have a great line of amps right now - XXX, JSX, 5150/6505, and for decent prices!

Plus, I don't have hands-on experience with a lot of the favs here - Rivera, Diezel, Soldano (love the sims on my Vetta though), VHT, Bogner, etc.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Line 6 here! The Spider Valve head will be MINE! Kinda bums me out too, because I *was* enjoying my Mesa/TC Electronic rig. Out it goes! Oh well - I'll still have my Mesa cab...

Comment

Working...
                                X