So I got my Vetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my Vetta

Well, it arrived Friday noon. Original Vetta that was a window display at a music store. No scratches, dents, still had the tags and shipped in original boxes. First thing, the original sofware was terrible. After I upgraded the OS to 2.5 and spent some time surfing the web forums on how to tweak and other features, I was set. Hopefully I wont have to replace the battery on the mainboard for awhile yet. I was a bit concerned, but if after a couple of weeks I will see. You can get alot of great sounds out of this amp, but it does take tweaking. You really have to know the features and settings to get the most out of it.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Congrats on the Vetta. There are a lot of knowledgeable Vetta users here. If you need any help, just ask away. Now get back to the amp and tweak!!!

Comment

The I or the II version? There's a II local to me, but it's £1200. Is that a fair price for a UK resident? Now you remind me, is the preset list on these Vetta's the same on other Line6 amps and FX processors? I checked out the UX1, UX2 and Toneport today and the lists of FX are identical.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-04-2007, 03:08 PM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

the Vetta has I think about twice the number of effects of any other Line6 product of the same production period. plus, in the effects routing function, you can assign them to either of two amps, in any place in the chain, etc. the programmability is unparalleled. as for the presets, the Vetta has 75 user presets, and 75 factory presets. I don't know how that compares to the smaller L6 products.

congrats Ripley, you will grow to love that amp. it does everything well. make sure you use the two amps at once feature, and you don't need to overdo the gain or compression.
        Last edited by skorb; 09-04-2007, 05:33 PM.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Its a great amp. If you have any questions.. fire away.

Comment

I am not sure about the UK prices for a used vetta. I got mine for $700.00 and it is pretty much untouched. You can tell it just sat around and wasnt abused. They go for 500.00 to 700.00 on ebay here in the US. It's a Vetta I model.

There doesnt appear to be much difference between a I & II other than the looks and the extra board for the Variax. I am not interested in the Variax at this time so no big deal.

Like everybody says on the line 6 board, just buy a Vetta I and upgrade the OS to 2.5. It appears some people like the I's more than the II's and claim they are more reliable, but I have no first hand knowledge or experience.

I did notice alot of the presets had too much gain and compression. The loudness and presence control along with the half/full power settings are great. I could not believe the difference in the 1.3 to 2.5 OS upgrades.

I dont really care for the noise gate on it, but it might just be the learning curve thing.

Now all I need are some suggestions and settings for a good lead tone. I also downloaded a few patches from the user forum on line 6, but they really vary on volume and dont do it for me.

I looked for a good Lynch type setting with delay, but I think I will have to create my own from scratch.

If you all have any suggestions for me, just shoot me a pm.
            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
            X