Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay advice wanted.

I'm looking in the $100 range.

I saw the Line 6 Echo Park is now $109 and the Boss DD-3 is $109 as well so they are definitely front runners.

I don't need anything really extravagant. The most I would need would be a Pink Floyd The Wall length delay, a la Another Brick Part 1. A hold feature would be really cool but it's not a deal breaker.

So what do you recommend???

If you want an easy to use no frills nice sounding delay. go with the DD3 it works for Gilmore. If you want an extremely versatle delay with all kinds of features go with the Echo park. Sounds a little more processed then the DD3 but still sounds good and warm.
    Gil

Comment

I think the Echo Park is far better then the DD3. Warmer sounding with a lot more features and control. I do agree it does sound processed though and can at times go a bit wacko, but otherwise its great.

Comment

Don't overlook the Guyatone MD-3. Its about $100 street price new, simple to operate, very small foot print, and has true bypass

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

how are those Guyatone effects? I've heard the bottom cover can be a problem since they're only fitted to the body of the unit by a rubber seal, and the seal can wear out since that panel provides access to the battery
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I like the echo park... whatever you get, make sure it has tap tempo, as this makes a huge difference IMHO. The EP has some extra cool stuff too.

Pete

Comment

I'm a big fan of the DD-2 and DD-3. I've tried the newer Boss pedals and most other brands, and despite the limitations of the DD-3, I still find that it sounds better.
              sigpic

Comment

Same here zone, I a/b'd a dd-3 and dd-6 and would take the dd-3 anytime.

Comment

get a used dd5 off ebay and an fs5u footswitch for tap tempo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                    get a used dd5 off ebay and an fs5u footswitch for tap tempo!!
                    +1

I've never tried the Line 6 though, so I should qualify that statement. I have always liked Line 6 stuff, and their effects are usually pretty good. I've heard the Guyatone as well - really looked hard at that, but got a used DD-5 in mint condition for $70. Returned it the next day though as I had won a TC G-Major off eBay that night.

Comment

I like my DD-3. I do hear good things about the Line6 though.
                      Scott

Comment

Arion SAD-1. Cheap, quiet, really long delay times. I like it to
                        play stuff like "Run like hell" from The Wall. It's also stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          how are those Guyatone effects? I've heard the bottom cover can be a problem since they're only fitted to the body of the unit by a rubber seal, and the seal can wear out since that panel provides access to the battery
                          I had the same concern about the rubber seal and told the guys at NAMM that mine appeared to have some small cracks in the seal and they sent me a replacement rubber seal for free. However my original one is still on there and holding up fine. I use a power adapter and so I don't need to remove the seal to change batteries. The original idea was that you could change batteries in seconds with no tools needed. I suppose you could also drill and tap the housing for a couple sheetmetal screws if you want and then just eliminate that rubber seal entirely.

Rudy
                          www.wickedrocks.com
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

thanks for the info, Rudy. I'll have to check them out
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Why not get something like a Zoom G2u for $99. You'll get the delay and a whole bunch of other effects too. It certainly does the delay you mentioned but, not the hold. I have the G2.1u (some thing but, with an expression pedal) and have used it when I don't want to take a rack with me. Sold my DD-3 because I can do so much more with the Zoom.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                              X