How´s the Epiphone So-Cal 50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How´s the Epiphone So-Cal 50?

Well, a friend of mine wants to ditch his old Valvestate head, and since there seems to be a slew of affordable tube amps out there now I told him to check out the Randall RH50T and the Peavey Valveking. But what about the So-Cal 50? I´ve never seen one in person, but it seems to be in the same general field as the other two. Has anyone tried it? The lack of an independent clean channel won´t bother him.

Of course you can find better stuff used for the money, but he said he wants something brand new, and the So-Cal´s 660 euros is about as high as he wants to go.

Never tried the So-Cal, but I did try a Valveking combo recently. It's really not all that bad. It has plenty of gain, isn't mushy, has decently clarity, and a good clean channel. It didn't look all that robust though...

Comment

ive heard some clips of the So-Cal, and it sounds pretty good IMO. Soldano designed the circuit as well. not saying its Soldano quality...but at least you know its probably a pretty good amp i personally want to try one out.
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
      X