Bad Recto module for Randall MTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Recto module for Randall MTS

I was playing around with my RM50 tonight and was swapping out between the XTC and Recto modules and it looks like the Recto module is bad. When I plug in into the left slot, there is a light, but no guitar sound - just a hum.

When I plugged it into the right slot, when I hit the left channel, the blackface module was fine. When I hit the right channel, both the left and right module LEDs came on, but I only heard the blackface. Since I got this as a trade, I don't want to go back and complain.

I looked at the module and reseated the tubes, but nothing works. What should I do. Any suggestions?

Thanx,
    Pete

Send it to Dave Friedman or Bruce Egnater.

Comment

Where is Twister? I am sure he will chime in on this one.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

+1
        Give Pete a shout.
        -Rick

Comment

Have you replaced (not reseated) the tubes in the recto? Also clean the connector at the back of the module with a pencil eraser.

You have have to send the amp in though, if it's turning on both channels at once. Sounds like something may be up with the switching circuitry on the head itself.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            Have you replaced (not reseated) the tubes in the recto? Also clean the connector at the back of the module with a pencil eraser.

You have have to send the amp in though, if it's turning on both channels at once. Sounds like something may be up with the switching circuitry on the head itself.

Pete
            Pete,

I haven't replaced the tubes yet. When I have the blackface and XTC module in the amp, the channel switching works fine. I've done blackface in slot 1, XTC in 2 and vice versa and everything is fine.

When the recto is in slot 1, no light and no channel switching. In slot 2, channel 1 is fine, when switched to channel 2, both mods light up but only the slot 1 mod makes sound.

Is there anything else that could be possibly wrong? What do you charge for your recto mod? This way I can send you the mod and you can see if its a mod issue maybe? You can PM me on that.

Thanx,
            Pete

Comment

Probably not going to be a mod issue, as I don't do anything to change the switching. I'd be glad to have a look at it, but it's going to be at least a few weeks until I'm freed up - I'm way behind right now and having to stop taking in mod work for a bit.

Pete

Comment

I just posted my recto issue on the Randall MTS board and Rich from Randall offered to look at and fix my module for me. Now is that great customer service or what?????

Those guys rock, and just for that, I think she's now a keeper.... AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X