No announcement yet.

Who has a Rivera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never played a Rivera, but I've always been intrigued by them. What models did Jason Bieler from Saigon Kick use? What about Scotti and Dave from Skid Row?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1 on the unforgiving nature of these amps... my playing has really improved since I got the TBR1, since it kicked my behind on a daily basis when I moved from my previous amps. I think it´s great to have to work a bit to sound good with a Rivera, since it sounds really, really good when you hit these amps with your A-game. Articulate and precise. But on an off night, well, you´ll know exactly what isn´t working out. I suppose there are plenty of amps that respond like this, but my TBR1 was the first time I experienced it myself.

Comment

You know, that's what I really like about the cheapo B-52 AT-100. It is so versatile, that even though it has plenty of gain on tap, you can dial it in to be ultra sensitive. I'm sure the Rivera is even better. I want to hear what I'm playing, not a pile of mush. That might be why I've never been a 5150 fan.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I've never played a Rivera, but I've always been intrigued by them. What models did Jason Bieler from Saigon Kick use? What about Scotti and Dave from Skid Row?
          they used the models i use, the M/S amps. jason also used TBR rack heads. i met jason while they were recording "water" in tampa at the rivera dealer. he was really cool. he called paul rivera and had them send me over the new (at the time) FS-6 footswitch for my S120. the were using two different footswitches prior to that and had JUST come out with the long board that they use now. it was pretty cool. we shot the breeze for a while. i got to play his ESP mirage and he showed me his amp settings. it was a great day and a wonderful memory!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool! I've always dug Jason's tone. It sounds a little on the bright side, but sits in the mix nicely.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
              my old riveras are VERY unforgiving. you better be on your game or you are gonna sound BAD.
              Amen brother.
              +2
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                they used the models i use, the M/S amps. jason also used TBR rack heads. i met jason while they were recording "water" in tampa at the rivera dealer. he was really cool. he called paul rivera and had them send me over the new (at the time) FS-6 footswitch for my S120. the were using two different footswitches prior to that and had JUST come out with the long board that they use now. it was pretty cool. we shot the breeze for a while. i got to play his ESP mirage and he showed me his amp settings. it was a great day and a wonderful memory!!
                jealous! id love to meet that man...awesome player and ive always loved his tone i still gas for a Rivera because of Saigon Kick.

"Charlie, Ted, and the Son of Sam...they all ate green eggs and ham!"
                My metal band Lucian Scott
                Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
                X