Should i belive it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i belive it?

This is the text taken form an e bay auction.

Wow, if you are looking for a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, this is THE deal for you!!! Up for bid is a 1993 Dual Rectifier with the small logo, attached cord, REVERSE COSMETICS (black diamond plate and chrome chasis), and amazing TONE!!!! This thing sounds better than I could ever describe here. I have put this head up against several other Rectifiers and it smokes them all. It just sounds HUGE! Amazing, full bodied tone that will tear your head off, or just rock your socks off. As almost anyone will tell you that knows, these early Mesa Dual Rectifiers just sounds so much better than anything out there now. If you don't believe it, try one. I was convinced only after I did. This is an early model with a low serial number! Grab it now!

I mean this is not the first time i have seen that ppl tell that the early dual rectifiers are much better souding then the new 3 channel dual/triple rectifiers.

IF thats true mybe i shoudl sell my triple rec and get myself one of these old dual rectifers.

JC

I've read that before as well, apparently the best ones are from 1992-1994 but I have no personal experience with those heads. I guy with a dual rectifier from 1992 said also the tubes made a big difference, he got the best tone with a 12ax7 nos GE in V1 and V2, V3 set with JJ/Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
      I mean this is not the first time i have seen that ppl tell that the early dual rectifiers are much better souding then the new 3 channel dual/triple rectifiers.

IF thats true mybe i shoudl sell my triple rec and get myself one of these old dual rectifers.

JC

Are you happy with the tone and reliabity of you triple? If so then no, keep it.

I don't know much on the build quality of the newer Mesas but i do know they don't make em like they used to but if you cool wiht what you have now and like I wouldnt switch
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Good point, its just there is no way that i could like trie it myself here where i live, i am probably one of the 5 guys here at Estonia who owns Mesa.

Comment

They do sound different but, it's personal preference as to which sounds better. I actually preferred my 3 channel triple over my friend's early 2 channel dual.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I prefer the rackmount 2 channels over all the others, including the early duals... I had a SN in the 200s that sounded great, but a buddy had a rackmount that killed it. A little less gain, but tighter low end and more clarity is what the rackmounts had IMHO over the three channel models. Listen to Kings' X Dogman - that's what a rackmount sounds like.

Pete

Comment

the other guitarist in my band has one of them early series triple rectifiers, I got a rather recent 3ch specimen. to my ears his does sound more 'alive' when I a/b them, more full also. even when he is playing an RR-3 with an EMG 81 wheras I am playing a KE-7 with a 707, he seems always to sound a bit heavier...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                Listen to Kings' X Dogman - that's what a rackmount sounds like.

Pete
                I LOVE their "big" sound!
                E = Fb

Comment

You cant get bigger than this : The Coliseum 300

Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                  X