Marshall JCM 800/2205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800/2205

I am on the fence about one of these. It looks to be in very good shape having been played very little over the past 20 or so years. he want's a $1000.00 for it. Does anybody here own one. How is it's reliability?

Some of those had bleed through on the channels... I'd check that out. Otherwise, those are decent Marshalls and pretty reliable... moreso than anything put out by Marshall since the JCM900 series.

Pete

Comment

A friend of mine used a 2205 almost exclusively for ten years. It didn´t give him any trouble what so ever, so from my experience they´re definitely reliable. Sounded good, too, even though the clean channel left a little to be desired.

Comment

I had two 2210s and a 2205. The 2205 sounded fine, but the 2210 has more headroom and girth that was blatant to my ears. I ditched the 2205 and ran the 2210's in stereo. They both have the same tone basically...but the 2205 sounded "thinner"..while practicing at night or band volume levels.

I alwayas got a great eraly VH/Savatage tone out of them..Criss Oliva used the 2210 on his last recording "Edge of thorns"..Chris Caffery used it when I saw and spoke with him during the Dr. Butcher gig.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a 2210. The Drive channel is awesome, but the Clean channel sucks as much as the Drive channel rocks.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Is the 2210 kinda like a 2203 with a distortion pedal up front?

Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              Is the 2210 kinda like a 2203 with a distortion pedal up front?

Jack.
              Yeah, I thopught that myself...no need for a stomp..sounds warm tho. I really liked mine.

I like my Marshall Rack better..since I traded two 2210s for it in '96..It was a no brainer at the time..the difference was instant and blatant...and I still love it.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X