Best place to buy tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug's Tubes.

I've heard some bad things about eurotubes. I had to replace screen grid resistors in my XXX after Bob told me there wouldn't be an issue running E34L's in the XXX.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
      Has anybody bought from here before? http://www.thetubestore.com/
      +1 to everything thats been said about the The Tube Store.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        +1 to everything thats been said about the The Tube Store.
        VERY helpful. I told them what tone I was looking for in a tube. "Dan" steered me in the right direction. He stated if I didn't the 6 Tung Sol 12ax7s I ordered, I could send them back and get my "honking"..faggy-ass stock JJs..

Needless to say..I'll NEVER go back to JJs!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I've had a great experience with Bob from Eurotubes www.eurotubes.com
          I'll second that. Bob has always been great. Good prices, great tubes, and he stands behind his products. Some people don't like him for some reason or another, but I've always had great service from Eurotubes.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Bob from eurotubes.com was a real pleasure for me to deal with. We talked on the phone and he asked me some questions to help me pick the right tubes and specs for my needs. He marked the different tubes accordingly and packed really well. Very pleasant person.

And the JJ's I bought for a preamp sounds fckin' OK!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Bob from eurotubes.com was a real pleasure for me to deal with. We talked on the phone and he asked me some questions to help me pick the right tubes and specs for my needs. He marked the different tubes accordingly and packed really well. Very pleasant person.

And the JJ's I bought for a preamp sounds fckin' OK!

..Don't get me wrong JJ's are great tubes and they did sounded pretty good in the Uber. I was chasing this unwanted "honk" at very loud volume levels. I like a pretty scooped tone. I didn't wanted to turn to EQ and such..so I took the advice to try the TSs..and it completely remedied that midrange freq that always grated on me.

Dan said some guys prefer the JJs for that "Marshall cut". I have a Marshall..I was going for something much more heavier.

Thinking about putting the JJs in my JMP-1..but the Sovteks are still behaving. Taking it out of the rack and opening it up is a pian in the pud..and I'm lazy.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just bought a set of JJs from Tube Depot, and, so far, I am pleased. Service was pretty fast, too, and the price was a bit better than others.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Bill, the honk at loud volumes I think I recognize using the JJs. We agree I have 'em in my Peavey 50/50 Classic power amp and it honks a bit when cranked. No biggie though. But some would call it ghey-assed I guess, heh.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

kcanostubes.com for lots of choice in nos, or dougstubes.com - I've had good service with both.

craig

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                      Bill, the honk at loud volumes I think I recognize using the JJs. We agree I have 'em in my Peavey 50/50 Classic power amp and it honks a bit when cranked. No biggie though. But some would call it ghey-assed I guess, heh.

I call everything that..

Comment

I used the tubestore many times. Dan steered me right on tubes for my JTM 60, 4010, and 4020.
                        The only complaint I had was one bad off the shelf EH 12AX7 from the tubestore, but it was an $8 tube. I dunno if it was damaged in freight (packed and shipped well), or bad from the factory, but top notch on 4 tube swaps so far, and good deal on filter caps too.
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                        X