PARAMETRIC eq for guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARAMETRIC eq for guitar

anybody know of any good parametric eq's that were made specifically for guitar? I'm looking to give my sound a little midrange spike, kinda like a half cocked wah, but not as extreme.

any suggestions?
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

I don't think they're still made any more, but I know Dimebag used one in his rack... a Furman PQ3.

I'd just try to find a Dunlop Crybaby Q-Zone pedal, though. It'll do just what you want. It's basically a stationary wah pedal, you can set it for whatever sound. I've got one and really dig it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i use a vintage ibanez PQ3 pedal. i really like it. i used to have a parametric eq in my rack, a tc electronic thing, but i ditched and started using the pedal instead. it hides in the back of my rack in is really cool. it has 3 sliders and a Q knob to sweep the mids. it is awesome!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

my mistake....it is a PQ9...here is an ebay auction for one:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I don't think they're still made any more, but I know Dimebag used one in his rack... a Furman PQ3.

I'd just try to find a Dunlop Crybaby Q-Zone pedal, though. It'll do just what you want. It's basically a stationary wah pedal, you can set it for whatever sound. I've got one and really dig it.
          http://de.woodbrass.com/images/woodb...ABY+Q+ZONE.JPG
          i did not realize that there was a volume setting on those! i'll check that out!

edit: that is if i knew where to find one...
          Last edited by guitar08man; 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I got mine from Musician's Friend a few years ago. Dunlop must have discontinued it within the last year.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use a Boss PQ4 Pedal. And I love it. Although it's been out ofproduction for several years. It's a great pedal if you can find one. I've also used the fishman dual paramtric DI. in line with my pedals Whcih worked really well too until i fried it. lol Stupid electricity. It's currently in the shop and hopefully will be breathing again soon.
              Gil

Comment

Furman PQ3 works great. Keep an eye out on ebay. They pop up from time to time.

Comment

Rane makes a few of them. Model numbers escape me.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

The Rocktron Xpression and T.C. Electronic G-Major have them too (along with 10 other effects).
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Tc electronic Dual parametric

Comment

In my recording rack, I use an ART Tube Channel that also has a compressor and mic preamp, and until recently used the ART Tube EQ (half rack) on my pedalboard. Unfortunately, the Tube EQ started flaking out, so I replaced it with an Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ pedal. It has two 12AX7 preamp tubes in it, and while I can't honestly say how much good the tubes really do, I run it right after a distortion pedal and into a tube power amp with very nice results.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                          In my recording rack, I use an ART Tube Channel that also has a compressor and mic preamp, and until recently used the ART Tube EQ (half rack) on my pedalboard. Unfortunately, the Tube EQ started flaking out, so I replaced it with an Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ pedal. It has two 12AX7 preamp tubes in it, and while I can't honestly say how much good the tubes really do, I run it right after a distortion pedal and into a tube power amp with very nice results.
                          does the gain nob affect the bass, mid, and treble simultaneously? What if you wanted to only boost mids?

Comment

Working...
                          X