5150 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 questions

Hi there guys hopefulyl some of you can help me out can an of you tell me when the 5150 was released for the public?

I understand that this would have been the 5150 Block logo, not that I care about differences between logos making the amp better or worse...

If you guys could give me some detailed info that would be great, I believe and remmebr reading soemwhere that it was released in 93 and then changed to the script logo around 95.

I tried searchinga round but only found sites selling 5150's...

Thanks

I bought mine in '90 for 700 dollars. It was the first one in my area.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Didn´t Eddie use some 5150 prototypes for F.U.C.K, that came out in 1991? But I guess it could have been recorded during 1990 and the finished amps came out before the album... so I´ll go ahead and second horns for 1990.

Comment

There were two versions...the signature version with Eddie's signature and the Block letter one which just said EVH. The only difference (that I've gathered from various sources on the internet) is that the block letter version shipped with better stock tubes. So, its quite possible if someone did a side-by-side comparison of the two, the block version would sound better.
        Sam

Comment

I had both..identicical including the tubes.

I had three block letters and two scripts. There was one that had a warmer tone to it for some reason. I don't think anyone could tell..but It was my fave.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I still have the brochure , pedal and reciept for my first 5150..it was Aug 17 (looks like) of '90 for 700, they killed the tax.

About a year later I bought a Recto from the same place.

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated.

I had an Incling Bill would answer, All I have to do now is find out if Carcass recorded Heartwork with 5150's....

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                Thanks guys much appreciated.

I had an Incling Bill would answer, All I have to do now is find out if Carcass recorded Heartwork with 5150's....
                i think they were 5150's or 5150 II's, boosted with a Marshall Guv'nor pedal
                My metal band Lucian Scott
                Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                  i think they were 5150's or 5150 II's, boosted with a Marshall Guv'nor pedal
                  Yes!!!

Comment

The topic. . the way its worded says 5150 questions. . thats alot of questions :ROTF:
                    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Yes!!!
                      excellent!
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

You know what's MANDATORY with a 5150...IMO!!

Right..?????????!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Z

Comment

Marshall had a solid state combo with the 5150 model number way before EVH!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I gotta poop Joe.

This ain't no lie..

Comment

That would be the BBE Sonic Maximiser!!!

I thought heartwork sounded more marshally to me than 5150, though 5150's were based on marshalls.......

Comment

Working...
                              X