5150 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
    That would be the BBE Sonic Maximiser!!!

I thought heartwork sounded more marshally to me than 5150, though 5150's were based on marshalls.......
    BINGO..give the man a cigar!!

They might have used both. But I read that HW was mostly 5150's..which evolved to Arch Enemy. Angela is doing those vocals. She got the band attention for being both "brutal" and a chick..she's a good frontgirl...me thinks. I'd join' em today, but with my Uber-Peavey!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
      I thought heartwork sounded more marshally to me than 5150, though 5150's were based on marshalls.......
      Didn't they also use one of those mini or micro Marshall practice stacks mixed in as well, or am I thinking of another band?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        I gotta poop Joe.

This ain't no lie..
        I pooped earlier, too.

Comment

Hey Joe..I say watcha talkin' 'bout willis and shit!

I'm high..

If I remeber correctly I'm pretty sure Bill Steer used a blue Marshall 30th anniversary half stack and Mike Amott used a Peavey 5150 half stack with matching cab..one of them or both used either a metal zone or Guvnor stomp...I think

BTW..The new 5150III sounds much more like Ed's clasisc tone to me..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was sure I read that somewhere in a magazine years ago. And I just did a search, and both Matt Crooks and Mike Hickey (MHGoldtop) do confirm it was a 10-watt micro stack.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I was sure I read that somewhere in a magazine years ago. And I just did a search, and both Matt Crooks and Mike Hickey (MHGoldtop) do confirm it was a 10-watt micro stack.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ight=Heartwork
              ...wha, ummm wer'e both right??

I found this..
              GW: What gear and settings do you guys use to get your tone?
              Steer: Just for simplicity, I only use one amp live--a Peavy 5150 with a Marshall Guv'nor pedal in front of it to beef up the overdrive just that little bit extra. In the studio, though, it's a different matter; I use several different amps--a selection of Marshalls and the 5150.
              Hickey: One of the amps Bill used on Heartwork was a Marshall 30th Anniversary head that's really fierce, and he also used a tiny Marshall stack on pretty much every track to add some extra high end.
              [Note: Mike didn't join Carcass until after the Heartwork album was recorded.]
              Steer: Yeah, if I remember correctly, almost all of the guitar tracks were done with at least two amps going at once--one of them being a large amp, like the Anniversary [on channel two], a Marshall SL-X 100 watt or the 5150, and then also more often than not, my 10-watt [Marshall] Valvestate micro-stack for extra texture.
              Unlike a lot of other bands who do the kind of stuff that we do, we tend to use a lot of mids. I don't think some people realize how important middle is to a guitar sound.
              Hickey: Absolutely, mids are essential in a solo--without 'em your tone is real thin. My current backline setup is a Marshall SL-X 100-watt head and a Peavey 5150. I suck the mids out of the Marshall but not out the Peavey. I started the Heartwork world tour using a Guv'nor pedal too, but I just got tired of stage divers stepping on my shit!
              Last edited by horns666; 09-18-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Great that means i was mostly right I knew I could hear marhsall in there, hahah!!!

My Ears aren't duffs Hurrah!!!

So they used 900's too that would explain the extra gain but yet the marshall tone...

Cheer's guys, I was only expecting Bill to reply so anything else Is a Bonus especially the Factual info about the recording...

Hey Bill What Pickup Config do you Typically use? HH HSH 1H?

Comment

Damn it! I dont have heartwork on my Ipod. How about Swansong? Would that be the same amps on that album too?
                  Sam

Comment

Shit, I just watched No Love Lust..yeah I think that's it...HH HSH 1H.

Let's see.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=jahc_Vfkbus

Me and my kid was just jamming some of this stuff.My USA Floyd Rose Strat w/ DiMarzio PAF pro w/ treble boost all the way up, tuned to D. Bogner's mids completelyb dumped. I'm VERY close to this without "learning" it..I ripped this stuff off more than I realize...subliminal I guess.

Cool..

Comment

Working...
                    X